Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: BMW Z8
Dieselstation Car Forums > The Cool Wall > Legacy Cool Wall > Frozen
leif
So the 507 thread made me realize there has not been a poll for the "Love it or hate it" BMW Z8 (i searched and came up empty!)

so here goes.

The BMW Z8, most famous for its apperance as the James Bond film "The World is not Enough", as a technological tour-de-force for 1999.

the all aluminium roadster was powered by 400BHP from a 5.0L V8 mounted behind the front axel.

not renouned for its handling the Z8 was mostly about style, and style it had, as it was penned by the same man responcible for the 240Z and BMW 507.

leif
Personally i think the car is one of the most beautiful cars of all time...but some of the quirks...like the center mount insturment panel, and the neon lights kinda turn me off...as does the reputed handling problems and build quality issues.
clarkma5
Totally awesomely super zeroz cool.

Technically flawed perhaps, but very rare, relatively unheard of (despite starring in a Bond film) and really just the best looking BMW ever made.
fiber optic
thumbs_down.gif
How did they get the motor behind the axle?
PBB
QUOTE(fiber optic @ Nov 9 2005, 03:36 PM) *
thumbs_down.gif
How did they get the motor behind the axle?

And not just any axle but the...

QUOTE(leif @ Nov 9 2005, 03:27 PM) *
the all aluminium roadster was powered by 400BHP from a 5.0L V8 mounted behind the rear axel.

laugh.gif Nice leif, nice.
leif
thanks for the heads up...its been a long day already!
Black RSX
Just a cool for me.... I see them on the road everyonce in a while... takes me a second to realize it is not an older Z3....

Looks good.... but not frozen in my mind.
NorthPoint
I like this car more every time I see it. Definately a future classic. thumbs_up.gif
bing5500
When you see this car in person it is simply breathtaking...definitely subzero.
Boxster17
See it in both black and silver on the road and I think it looks amazing in either color. I don't really think about it much, but it's probably one of my favorite BMWs. It's frozen for me.
NorthPoint
I have seen the Z8 in red, dark blue, black, and silver... all looked ok. But the other day I saw one in a weird greenish grey that was absolutely STUNNING! It looked amazing. It also had the optional hard top fitted which was pretty cool.
moe
Hyper cool, for being the most beautiful BMW ever built, and the X5 isn't uncool. Though the Z3 and X3 need to be stripped of their badges. I remember sitting in one a couple years back at the BMW dealership in Austin. It was black with red leather, and I enjoyed sitting in it more than any other car I've come across. Too bad it's handling wasn't as good as it should've been, though I've heard Alpina corrected this in their version of the car.
Phix
I dunno.

Speaking strictly from a stlye POV... it starts out very strong at the front but by the time it hits the back it kind of looks... blurgh.
DZ302
i love the looks, it's a hyper cool vote from me
dukenukem
i see a couple of them on a regular basis and everytime i jus think ... how the hell did BMW mess up so bad with the mechanicals !! Ice cool just for its looks.
Raziel
I don't know about technical faults, I can just decide on the looks and overall "feel" to the car. And that's just awesome. It's one of the most beautiful and unique cars BMW ever built.
tune
I think the Z8 is awesome, apart from when it gets cut in half in 'The World Is Not Enough'. There was a cool scene in Fastlane, where it raced a 350Z
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.