Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pontiac Solstice
Dieselstation Car Forums > The Cool Wall > Legacy Cool Wall > Cool
DakianDelomast

2.4 liters with 170 hp and ft-lbs of torque, and 2860 lbs. So america thinks it can build a little 2 seat roadster. Somethings they got right others some would argue they haven't. But anyways, how does this car rank on our wall of cool?
PBB
Cool for the looks and specs.
It can't be frozen 'til it whips the MX-5 at tracks across the country. tongue.gif
DakianDelomast
It gets an uncool from me. It tries but its just not as good as the miata.
clarkma5
It's 177 HP.

And I think it's cool despite its flaws. Unlike everyone else, i don't see this as a miata clone that failed...it has its own distinct flavor. It's a real american take on the modern sports car, and it has a lot of charm and personality because of it. It's just not going down too well for those who were weened on japanese and european metal.
Halflifehavock13
For a car that doesnt have a trunk but still is being sucked up by the public, then it deserves to be cool.
nismo
Saw one on the road today. In silver (of course dry.gif ) I would have to say cool.
Megadeus
QUOTE(Halflifehavock13 @ Nov 6 2005, 05:16 PM) *
For a car that doesnt have a trunk but still is being sucked up by the public, then it deserves to be cool.

Well, it does have one, but most of the space is taken up by the gas tank.

Avalon
Cool. The first good car America has produced in a long time. Props to Pontiac for making this car. I'd buy one if I had the money. Oh and PBB, this car is going to be amazing for SCCA club racing, so look for it out on the circuits.
NorthPoint
Good pics you found Dakian. Shows the car off really well.
moe
QUOTE(clarkma5 @ Nov 6 2005, 07:18 AM) *
It's 177 HP.

And I think it's cool despite its flaws. Unlike everyone else, i don't see this as a miata clone that failed...it has its own distinct flavor. It's a real american take on the modern sports car, and it has a lot of charm and personality because of it. It's just not going down too well for those who were weened on japanese and european metal.

Agreed.
leif
uncool.

GM has said this car was susposed to "beat the miata at its own game" which it does not!

and a convertable without a trunk is a POS unless you want a convertable daily driver...which is retarted
DakianDelomast
QUOTE(NorthPoint @ Nov 8 2005, 12:12 PM) *
Good pics you found Dakian. Shows the car off really well.

Choose you own adventure:

If that was sarcasm: STFU I wanted production model photos not ones of the concept. Really damn hard to find.

If that was not sarcasm: thanks. ps: stfu biggrin.gif
snakefood
it looks good, but it doesnt beat a madza mx5
Avalon
Whether it will out handle a Miata is argueable, but I definitly think it looks better, even marginally better than the new MX5s.
PAULIE_D
It get's a cool vote from me. Stunning looks (especially in black) and reasonable performance.

As soon as Pontiac irons out the kinks, it will be a very desirable ride.
Halflifehavock13
QUOTE(Megadeus @ Nov 6 2005, 09:44 PM) *
Well, it does have one, but most of the space is taken up by the gas tank.

It may have it when the top is up, but when the top is down, trunk space is down to practically zero. I mean, you can fit a few pencils in there and maybe your wallet, but that's it. Plus, having trunk room when the top is down is when I most want it. I dont want shit flying around in the back seat when its down.

Thats my only grievance, but I still really like it.
DZ302
i just give it a cool
Avalon
One of my good friend's dad just bought a black one. Solstices look a lot better in person than they do in pics. As for the storage space though, everyone is right, it's appauling. Don bought the car upon first seeing it, being so pleased with the looks, comfort, and handling, only to get it home and fill up its one interior storage space with a bag of mints.

But these are the cars people fall in love with. Not bought while thinking about practicality, but about impulse and how it makes you feel while driving it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.