Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Land Rover Range Rover Sport
Dieselstation Car Forums > The Cool Wall > Legacy Cool Wall > Seriously Uncool
DakianDelomast

So its a Discovery with a Jaguar engine and is made to look like a Range Rover. It has a top speed of 140 mph limited and can do 0 to 60 in 7 seconds. What does it make this vehicle?
clarkma5
All fast SUVs are uncool. This particular vehicle's ridiculous bulk and general ineptitude makes it MJU.
Jordan
i love rovers. my sister has a 99 land rover discovery. i absolutely love driving it. if this range was black, not look at me orange, i'd like it a tad more.
White RSX
Fiend, don't confuse people by calling 'em Rovers.
Jordan
QUOTE(White RSX @ Sep 23 2005, 08:17 PM)
Fiend, don't confuse people by calling 'em Rovers.

how is that confusing? i like land rovers and range rovers... pretty obvious to me.
DakianDelomast
MG-Rover
Dylan
Rover!=Land Rover.

Edit: Dakian kinda sorta won me.
DakianDelomast
It was a team effort Dylan.
350Z
Uncool because the concept promised so much more in the way of looks.
fiber optic
What's not to like? huh.gif
Black RSX
If I had to get a SUV.. That thing would be pretty high up on my list. It looks good... performs well...

Seen a few driving around in my town... they look nice in person.
mogulmonster
Has anyone noticed that in the commercial for these, they keep cutting to the driver pushing on the shifter, as if he's driving a manual. The shifter doesn't budge, but his arm moves, and it's obviously just a straight automatic shift lever.
snakefood
make it green and say hello to hulk!
DZ302
QUOTE(DakianDelomast @ Sep 23 2005, 05:35 PM)
So its a Discovery with a Jaguar engine and is made to look like a Range Rover. It has a top speed of 140 mph limited and can do 0 to 60 in 7 seconds. What does it make this vehicle?

A giant land yacht with horrible gas mileage that performs as well as the average family sedan?

I'm going to have to give this the lowest rating possible.
Jordan
QUOTE(mogulmonster @ Sep 30 2005, 06:55 AM)
Has anyone noticed that in the commercial for these, they keep cutting to the driver pushing on the shifter, as if he's driving a manual. The shifter doesn't budge, but his arm moves, and it's obviously just a straight automatic shift lever.

i think you can knock it over into an "auto stick" type shifter, much like tiptronic (S).
is2scooby
That's what the Disco looks like now? Wow...
moe
I like it. From what I've read the suspension settings are vastly different from the latest generation of Disco, so it can drive decently on-road, go really fast, and then go off-road when you get bored of the tarmac. Plus it just looks friggin' cool. I'll take over a Cayenne anyday. thumbs_up.gif
Cyclone
A big fat "MEH"

More "Bling bling 40inch spinnahs yo" than anything
dondon
Those things a fkn over priced pieces of junk!
PBB
QUOTE(dondon @ Oct 18 2005, 07:41 PM)
Those things a fkn over priced pieces of junk!

What do you drive again? loser.gif

And definitely MJU for being a yuppie poser-mobile
dondon
QUOTE(PBB @ Oct 18 2005, 04:45 PM)
What do you drive again? loser.gif

And definitely MJU for being a yuppie poser-mobile

Ha you got me. I will go buy a honda now.
marcos_eirik
This is one of a very few cool SUVs... it's a good road car and offroader, unlike other SUVs wich would get stuck on the way to the golfpitch. I have also read the it actually runs rings aroud the Cayenne, despite it's bulk... I can't see a single reason voting this anything else than cool...
Smartdriver
I don't like this Range.... thumbs_down.gif

Gave me the real Range Rover....Camel Thropy version! biggrin.gif
CRiZO
I liked the commercial. That is about it.
tune
The original Concept Range Stormer, was nicer than what actually came out of Land Rover, so I think it's uncool.
salvation
Its kinda cool, there is one which parks down my street and its got the supercharged jag engine in it.
I dont like the orange paint on the production car but it looked good on the range stormer concept.
This car should have been a 3dr like the original Range Rover or maybe with some of those rear hinged doors the RX-8 has,
that would have been cool.
--------------------------------------
And people please dont call any Land-Rover product a Rover as that is seperate and now dead company.
this what i think of when people say Rover:
Banglemobile
This car isn't cool, it's exclusively designed for footballers with an IQ below 75
tune
"You ain't from around here are ya?"
Banglemobile
Even worse than an X5
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.