660 hp @ 6500 rpm HP/Weight
--
HP/Liter
120 hp per liter 1/4 mile
--
0-62 mph
3.6 seconds Top Speed
211 mph

(from Brabus Press Release) The Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren is one of the world's most fascinating sports cars. Following their credo that the best is just good enough for BRABUS the engineers and designers at BRABUS (www.brabus.com) have developed an exclusive sport program for the two-seater. It lets owners of the top-of-the-line Mercedes-Benz models further individualize their
vehicles.

BRABUS equips the SLR with a special self-locking differential. Its 40 percent locking rate
further optimizes the super sports car's traction and thus further improves acceleration.

In BRABUS Racing version with performance-improving fuel cooling, custom camshafts and an
open racing exhausts system maximum power output of the supercharged V8 engine increases
to 660 hp / 486 kW at 6,500 rpm. The exhaust system is not certified for use on public roads.
Thus equipped the SLR storms to 100 km/h from rest in just 3.6 seconds and reaches a top
speed of up to 340 km/h.

BRABUS further offers professional modifications to body, suspension and interior that further
amplify the sports talents of the SLR.

For further improved directional stability at high speeds the BRABUS designers developed a
new spoiler for the front air dam. The exposed-carbon aerodynamic-enhancement part reduces
lift on the front axle and adds another shot of racing looks. The rear diffuser is also made from
exposed carbon.

The multi-piece BRABUS Monoblock VI 20-inch light-alloy wheels with six double spokes
command immediate attention. The fully polished wheels in size 9.5Jx20 in front and in size
11.5Jx20 on the rear axle fill out the available space below the wheel arches perfectly.

BRABUS chose high-performance tires in sizes 255/30 ZR 20 and 305/25 ZR 20 as the optimal
solution. The conversion to the BRABUS 20-inch tire/wheel combination gives the Mercedes-
Benz SLR McLaren even more dynamic handling prowess.

BRABUS also adds new sporty and exclusive highlights in the interior. The company-own
upholstery shop created a BRABUS interior from an exclusive black and red combination of
leather and Alcantara, perfectly crafted down to the last detail. The waffle-design stitching of the
SLR leather floor is especially elaborate and it alone uses 7,800 meters of the finest thread.

For easier entering and exiting BRABUS manufactured a custom BRABUS sport steering wheel
with an ergonomically shaped rim that is flat on the bottom. For manual shifting of the SLR's
automatic transmission the BRABUS steering wheel features buttons integrated into the spokes.

The BRABUS interior designers developed precise-fit applications for dashboard, center
console and door panels, all made from exposed carbon. They extend the BRABUS exterior
carbon look into the interior.

The BRABUS super sports car sells for 600,000 Euros. Included in the price is the SLR's air-
freight shipment to anywhere in the world.

I dont know about the rest of you but for me this car is Sub Zero i dont know why it just is, which is weird because i think the standard SLR is uncool. Sorry i Forgot to make it a poll and i still couldnt upload pictures. But i found some nice ones at desktop machine.
DakianDelomast
I don't think it gets more uncool than this.
dukenukem
Might be a good idea to include pictures as well.
moe89
i gotta say that it is cool, even though it is an automatic boat.
darinzon
r-r-r-r-r-r-retarded
White RSX
(Two CEOs meet in Starbucks one Thursday morning)
CEO 1: "Bill! Waitll you hear about my new car!"
CEO 2: "Shoot."
CEO 1: "It's a Mercedes McLaren SLR!"
CEO 2: "Oh, I got the Brabus version..."
CEO 1: "That must be horrible. Three inches?"

CEO 2: "Two."
z0ne
CEO#2 = pwnt. laugh.gif
snakefood
uncool!
350Z
I love it just because it is black. It looks so much better in black and anyone who buys it in silver is retarded. I love the red and black interor on the brabus aswell.
Autovisie
uncool. it isn't roadlegal thumbs_down.gif
Crimsion 6
QUOTE(Autovisie @ Sep 16 2005, 01:45 AM)
uncool. it isn't roadlegal thumbs_down.gif

If anything driving a non roadlegal car is very cool.
Crimsion 6

Got some pics up but they are the thumbs still having trouble with uploading.
Autovisie
QUOTE(Crimsion 6 @ Sep 16 2005, 01:49 PM)
If anything driving a non roadlegal car is very cool.

If I forked over that much money I want to be able to drive it on the road.
DakianDelomast
QUOTE(Autovisie @ Sep 16 2005, 04:45 AM)
uncool. it isn't roadlegal  thumbs_down.gif

If I could, I'd make an area below MJuncool just for this car.
Crimsion 6
QUOTE(Autovisie @ Sep 16 2005, 04:57 AM)
If I forked over that much money I want to be able to drive it on the road.

If i had that car i would so drive it on the road anyway, wouldnt you?
clarkma5
Yeah, this car, despite its wicked speed, is probably one of the most ridiculously uncool things on the face of the planet. Nothing cries "for god's sake love me" more than buying this car, which is so incredibly lame I could burst into tears right now...

MJU.
Crimsion 6
Actually i wouldnt mind hearing exactly what you guys think makes a cool car?
Phix
Automatic, still.

For that price I expect to hve time travel capabilties and serve as a submarine and plane as well as transform into a mecha of sorts capable of destroying whole universes with a single joint.
moe89
QUOTE(Crimsion 6 @ Sep 16 2005, 02:42 PM)
Actually i wouldnt mind hearing exactly what you guys think makes a cool car?

look at cars that are in the frozen section on the cool wall and you'll understand what is "cool". (even though i kinda think this is cool whistle.gif )
DakianDelomast
/me sticks this topic in the oven and slams the door shut.
Jordan
oh god. one of my least favorite cars... only "better" which makes it worse. this dumbass rich poseur mans car gets the most uncool rating one can have.
Crimsion 6
QUOTE(moe89 @ Sep 16 2005, 11:48 AM)
look at cars that are in the frozen section on the cool wall and you'll understand what is "cool". (even though i kinda think this is cool whistle.gif )

Ok i get how you guys vote now and i see why the SLR is uncool. However i would like to know how the 911 GT3 RS is in sub Zero?
Autovisie
QUOTE(Crimsion 6 @ Sep 18 2005, 11:37 AM)
Ok i get how you guys vote now and i see why the SLR is uncool. However i would like to know how the 911 GT3 RS is in sub Zero?

The GT3RS is a car you can drive to a track and then do a superfast laptime and drive home again.
Jordan
QUOTE(Crimsion 6 @ Sep 18 2005, 02:37 AM)

its a stripped down production car thats damn near as close to a track car as you can get. Its raw, its beautiful, its fast as fuck.
moe89
QUOTE(Autovisie @ Sep 18 2005, 05:50 AM)
The GT3RS is a car you can drive to a track and then do a superfast laptime and drive home again.

actually you could do that more comfortably in the SLR. The GT3-RS is very cool because of its pureness.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.