Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Chrysler Pacifica
Dieselstation Car Forums > The Cool Wall > Legacy Cool Wall > Seriously Uncool
Windshield
QUOTE(Motor Trend)
Some classify minivans as yesterday's news, SUVs as passe, and feel that traditional sedans don't offer the configurability or safety features many families want. Here's the latest budding, blending segment, the Crossover, and its newest entry, Chrysler's Pacifica.

Unlike others of this genre, the Pacifica grafts a new limb to the family tree, a branch Chrysler calls the "sports tourer" (thank goodness, there's no three-letter acronym for it--yet). They'd like us to think of it as a mix of minivan configurability, sport/utility functionality, and sport-sedan agility with a dollop of luxury. It sounds like a strange combination, but it works--extremely well.

Engine: 2.5 Litre V6
Power: 250 @ 6400 rpm
Transmission: Semi-automatic
White RSX
Lower than low.
clarkma5
THIS THING IS FROZEN ICE COLD!!!111!!1!!! oh.gif
z0ne
clarkma, your signature is incorrect.

also, this should be in the "does not belong on the road" category. but, i dont see a poll option for that .. so "unicecold" will have to subside.
clarkma5
QUOTE(z0ne @ Aug 24 2005, 10:28 PM)
clarkma, your signature is incorrect.

buahahahahaha biggrin.gif
z0ne
QUOTE(clarkma5 @ Aug 25 2005, 01:37 AM)
buahahahahaha biggrin.gif

just the facts, ma'am.
clarkma5
Also, ice cold is probably not what you wanted to vote for.
Windshield
QUOTE(clarkma5 @ Aug 25 2005, 01:52 AM)
Also, ice cold is probably not what you wanted to vote for.

Why did you vote Ice Cold?
z0ne
i meant to say UN ice cold .. i did vote for the bottom one though ..

thats the correct one .. right?
clarkma5
QUOTE(Windshield @ Aug 24 2005, 10:55 PM)
Why did you vote Ice Cold?

To be an ass.
darinzon
this stupid 'crossover' shit is well, stupid

and it's a fat ass
snakefood
ice cold!
green73ta
I voted cool. When Teh Mighty Buick was in the shop a few weeks ago I got a 2005 Pacifica with under 1200 miles on it as a rental and got to spend a couple of days with it. I was impressed. It was the Touring edition with 17' wheels. Nice ride, tons of room and the stereo sounded good. My wife, who drives a 2000 Honda Odyssey, fell in love with it and now wants one. Our Odyssey has the in-dash navigation and I was curious to see the neat integrated speedo/nav display on the Pacifica but it wasn't a nav model. My 5 year old son also gives it a thumbs up.

It strikes me as a nice mix of minivan, suv and station wagon. I was solo in the car most of the time but we loaded all the seats with in-laws & kids once or twice and the nice ride never went away.

Bottom line: If I was in the market for a new car would I buy one? Probably. On my short list? Definately.
Giancarlo
It's a great car; i've been in one. But it's definitely not a very stunning body style. Cool.
chillinmofo1
Its fat, ugly, and slow thumbs_down.gif
dukenukem
It does what its supposed to do pretty well and isnt overly huge ... cool.
Windshield
My parents have owned one for one year now. We've had no problems with it and it has a great ride and an awesome stereo system.
I vote cool, I guess you need a first hand impression to appreciate this car, either that or all of you are comparing this car to a C6.
stuffthatsgood
It's fine, but uncool.
moe89
slow, yawn inducingly boring, ugly+bland. interior is blah at best. would rather have a weird crossover like the Tribeca or Murano than this garbage.
unicecold.
DakianDelomast
Its not even a good minivan...
moe89
QUOTE(DakianDelomast @ Aug 25 2005, 08:21 PM)
Its not even a good minivan...

that's because it isnt a minivan!!! rishi <--- what their response would be
Windshield
I've found that it makes an awesome station wagon. Too bad that word is a taboo in the automotive industry.
chillinmofo1
It would be an awesome station wagon if it wasn't so big.
Windshield
QUOTE(chillinmofo1 @ Aug 25 2005, 09:59 PM)
It would be an awesome station wagon if it wasn't so big.

I dunno, It doesn't seem very big to me. Maybe because its always in a sea of Explorers and Trail Blazers.
moe89
it is wide and heavy, and it is slow as well. it would make a terrible wagon
Windshield
QUOTE(moe89 @ Aug 25 2005, 10:21 PM)
it is wide and heavy, and it is slow as well. it would make a terrible wagon

Yes because station wagons are typically narrow, light, and fast.
moe89
cool wagons are atleast good looking or fast. they arent all sports car by any means, but they are cool in some way.
the pacifica is garbage.
Windshield
QUOTE(moe89 @ Aug 25 2005, 10:42 PM)
they are cool in some way. 

The Pacifica is cool because it is an indication of the decreasing trend of Escalades and Navigators and the return of sane family transport.
moe89
thats not cool in anyway, just convenient.
chillinmofo1
Just because a vehicle gets you places without any problems doesn't mean the vehicle is cool.
porschedream
Its a midlife crisis car.
DakianDelomast
QUOTE(porschedream @ Aug 28 2005, 10:47 PM)
Its a midlife crisis car.

Err in what way shape or form?
Benny
QUOTE(DakianDelomast @ Aug 28 2005, 08:26 PM)
Err in what way shape or form?

no, S4's are mid life crisis cars.
McKhaos
The S4 is a borderline midlife crisis car .

A red C6 is a bang on midlife crisis car .
moe89
QUOTE(Benny @ Aug 29 2005, 01:03 AM)
no, S4's are mid life crisis cars.

naaa, not really. they are fairly sensible cars nothing over the top
bankE46
QUOTE(moe89 @ Aug 31 2005, 09:44 PM)
naaa, not really. they are fairly sensible cars nothing over the top

most people in the U.S. dont make enough money in a year to buy half of an S4 moe. in true practical sense, anything over $40k is over the top IMO. if you can afford it, be my guest, but i think you're a little confused.
Phix
Very, very, very... very bland. There's nothing there except maybe the front and even then just barely.

I'm voting the lowest simply because it puts me to sleep by looking at it.
DZ302
this isn't michael jackson uncool...it's partridge family uncool.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.