Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Autolist of Canada = Bad
Dieselstation Car Forums > Parking Lot > Off Topic > Legends
leif
so the girlfriend wants a bigger daiy driver, and I want something with AWD...so naturally we decide upon a Subaru Legacy wagon...something we can make a fairly even trade for the the Civic.

so there is one at autolist of canada...a 2001 with 93,000km...so we head on down today and go for a test drive...coming back from the test the brakes fail...and we nearly go through a red light...so the manager passes it off as the car sitting for a while.

then they ask to have my keys so they can take a quick look at my trade in...and they drive off with it with out me...

i talk to the manager and he says "what are you stupid...of course we are going to test your car"

to which i reply "you didnt ask me, and i would have liked to be there"

then I make him an offer, pending my mechanic looks at the car and gives it his approval...and they fix the brakes...end of deal...he wont let me take it to my mechanic, nor will he fix the brakes till i agree to buy the car.

so in short, a very bad experence...dont go there!
z0ne
wow wot an asshole lol
i knew that car salesmen, especially used car salesmen are shady and will rip you off blind, but this guy really takes the cake. shouldve knocked that mo' fugga on his arse!
TrueSlideXL
QUOTE(leif @ May 10 2005, 01:25 AM)
then I make him an offer, pending my mechanic looks at the car and gives it his approval...and they fix the brakes...end of deal...he wont let me take it to my mechanic, nor will he fix the brakes till i agree to buy the car.

Illegal in any place anywhere in the US (except Illinois) at all times by anyone who is selling a car. Come to the US and buy your car here.
Forrest
I've heard many stories like that.

From vehicles that's engines knock because the "rockers are cold" to vehicles trying to be sold that would never safety. Don't even have to get into the rustbuckets they buy, spray in 5 minutes and turn around and sell em to whoever the first sucker that walks in is.

The salespeople can talk some people into anything too, and lots of people get swindeled into some real bad financial deals.
z0ne
yeh, a story that my dad told me: a couple was at a ford dealership getting a freestar and i guess they didnt think it was that expensive so they were really hesitant.. and i guess they didnt really have the cash to finance the new car purchase. also, their bargaining skillz were teh weaksauce (tongue.gif) and they wouldnt get the salesman to budge in his price.. the salesmen saw that he was almost losing the sale, so he said that if they bought the car now, he would throw in the first tank of gas free.. lol the funny part is the couple immediatly said ok and signed the papers. so, to conclude, the couple bought something they couldnt afford just for a $25 tank of gas that the dealership payed for, not out of the salesman's pocket. so yeh, forrest, salesmen can be insanely good swindelers
leif
they tried 3 differnt sales people on me...and they did try some shit at first with the brakes he atcually said...and I quote

"when brakes are cold they sometimes dont work" to which i replied "that is bull shit, the ABS system didnt even come on...there is something wrong with the brakes"

and the back bumper was a differnet color than the rest of the car...

he made me fill out a sheet listing all of the work i have had done on my car in the last 6 months...when i asked for the sheet like this the previous owner of the Legacy had filled out he said...and i quote again

"we dont keep paper work on all of our cars" to which i replied "so you dont know anything about the previous service history...or acccident history of that car "NO!" This is after the sales-person informed me that the car had all of its services, and was completely up to date"
Cyclone
Damn, thats awful. I dunno if you guys have the BBB up there or not but here I'd be contacting them to investigate the dealership.

Personally I would never deal with these smaller used car lots. I'd go somewhere big like CarMax, etc where they actually inspect the cars before they sell them. They offer you a warranty on them and stuff which Im sure the dealer you were dealing with doesn't even know what that word means.
PB2
THE SALESMAN CALLED YOU "stupid" IN YOUR FACE AND YOU DID NOTHING???? what are you, stupid? do you have blood running through your veins?... WTF!

EDIT: Please don't tell me that he even called you stupid in front of you girlfriend...
leif
no, GF left before this to go to work

and people can call me stupid all they want...as long as i get what I want.

and I am thinking about calling the BBB, but unless they are a member it dosent make a difference

Edit: surprise surprise, they are not members
PB2
QUOTE(leif @ May 9 2005, 07:01 PM)

Dude, self respect....
leif
who wins, the guy who gets called stupid, or the guy who makes the sales person cry?
(I made the honda sales person cry)
PB2
QUOTE(leif @ May 9 2005, 07:28 PM)
who wins, the guy who gets called stupid, or the guy who makes the sales person cry?
(I made the honda sales person cry)

The one that gets the respect and gets what he wants.
Renningrad
QUOTE(PB2 @ May 9 2005, 07:05 PM)

Dude, self respect....

dignity? what's that?
PB2
QUOTE(Renningrad @ May 9 2005, 07:43 PM)

Dude, self respect....

dignity? what's that?

He traded it for a Subaru...
Renningrad
QUOTE(PB2 @ May 9 2005, 07:58 PM)

Dude, self respect....

dignity? what's that?

he should have gotten a Ferrari, it's much more refined
PB2
QUOTE(Renningrad @ May 9 2005, 08:26 PM)

Dude, self respect....

dignity? what's that?

He got a low quote on his dignity...
Renningrad
QUOTE(PB2 @ May 9 2005, 08:27 PM)
QUOTE(Renningrad @ May 9 2005, 08:26 PM)

Dude, self respect....

dignity? what's that?

He got a low quote on his dignity...

hahaha told.
Mr b00st
it's not welcome or wanted, nor does it have a point.
Phix
Seriously, WTF? Every single thread you guys post in is like this. Shit you'd see in messenger or AIM. Fuck, it's just spamming the threads with your bullshit.
leif
QUOTE(PB2 @ May 9 2005, 10:42 PM)
The one that gets the respect and gets what he wants.

I almost always get what I want, and if you dont want to respect me after the deal is made thats fine, but i gaurentee i will be on the winning side of the bargain.
z0ne
QUOTE(leif @ May 10 2005, 01:10 AM)
I almost always get what I want, and if you dont want to respect me after the deal is made thats fine, but i gaurentee i will be on the winning side of the bargain.

lol i can see you standing outside the dealership at like 3am with a can of gas and a lighter muttering ".. i guarentee i will be on the winning side, ya fuckers!"
Phix
QUOTE(z0ne @ May 10 2005, 09:27 PM)
lol i can see you standing outside the dealership at like 3am with a can of gas and a lighter muttering ".. i guarentee i will be on the winning side, ya fuckers!"

laugh.gif
Bjorn
I live in Winnipeg, and we have an Autolist here.

They are currently being investigated for creating fake safeties. In Manitoba if a vehicle is older than two years you need to have the vehicle safetied before you can sell it, which is a quick look by a certified garage at the brakes, suspension glass and body. Autolist was applying for safeties on vehicles they hadn't even received from the distributor yet.

Autolist is also being investigated for charging horrendous interest and service fees to new immigrants. CBC and the Winnipeg Free Press reported on some people paying 300%-400% of a vehicles worth by the time the lease is through.

Are these the actions of a company which cares about customers?
Benny
lock.gif lock.gif
Phix
Wow, talk about a blast from the past.... radical!

Back when DS was actually an interesting place.
clarkma5
This is actually the second time this thread has been bumped in as many days. I banned the last person because it seemed to me to be blatant spam and now I'm quite sure this is. So, yeah, add fake customer endorsements to autolist's list of crimes and generally wankery I guess.
911xx
What's autolist?

What's a diorama?
clarkma5
Original star wars action figures in their original packaging?
Phix
I bent my wookiee.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.