Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2006 Audi A4 3.2
Dieselstation Car Forums > The Cool Wall > Legacy Cool Wall > Cool
porschedream
Alright, here we have Audi's new restyled B7 A4. The design is quite a leap from their old style front end. The taillights were also redone. Audi spokesperson said it would give the car a more "muscular" look". The car is offered with 2 engines, a 2.0T turbocharged 200 hp engine or a muscular 3.2 that pumps out 255hp and 0-60 in 6.5 seconds. Suspension was mized from the S4 and A6.

Audi's popular S-line will not be available for the new A4 but a variant of the lineup which includes 18X8.5" BBS Challenge wheels will be available for just $3,000.

Base price of the new A4 starts at just $36,000CDN for the 2.0T 200hp model. The more muscular A4 which we are focusing on starts at $48,000CDN and has 255hp.

Engine
Type: V6
Displacement: 3123 cc
Horsepower: 255 bhp @ 6500 rpm
Torque: 244 lb-ft @ 3250 rpm
Redline: 7200 rpm

Layout: Front Engine/AWD

UserDrew
I really like it. What is the deal with the thing between the tach and speedometer? Isnt the demo a manual?

Anyway, the only thing colder is my ex-girlfriend. thumbs_up.gif
clarkma5
It's an '05 in the US wink.gif

As for the automatic display in the gauges, userdrew: that pic is obviously from a different car than one of the manuals. There were several cars being photographed in the Canadian Driver article where PD got these pics from.

Anyway, i think it's uncool, although I'd love to own one. At the end of the day, it's a rather boring sedan...
McKhaos
Technically , it's awesome . But I don't like the direction Audi's styling is going . Slap on an old school A4 body and I'd get it in a heartbeat . Until then , I vote uncool .
Raven
I like the new design on this Audi. But the interior could've been better.
snakefood
im freezing!
porschedream
Well, like alot of my "Cool Wall" posts, i love this car. I think the styling is superb. The 3.2 and the 2.0T both have agressive engines for the price. The styling is a little different from before but i think they made a good choice.
clarkma5
I may never understand the whining about the styling, the grill complainers especially. This B7 is radical enough to instantaneously date the B6 while still looking exactly like an A4 should. It looks meaner, sleeker, and more expressive from every angle, and it's a better car inside, outside, and under the skin. I adore it. I just don't think it's very cool...
dukenukem
its a good car and all but i am not attracted to it like the CTS or something smile.gif
moe89
i'm not a HUGE fan of those new front headlights, but I do love Audi's so it gets a cool thumbs_up.gif
fiber optic
I like the tails on these a lot better than the previous generation. A cool car, I think.
PandaBeat
Billy Jean
porschedream
WTF? How is this car MJU? I mean it might not appeal to you but like i said, for the power, it's a pretty good bargain. But it'S your opinion. Now this Fiat Panda, THAT'S MJU. laugh.gif wink.gif
moe89
the cool wall is SUPPOSED to be based on the how the car makes you FEEL. this is never the case with most people though tongue.gif . But either way this is not MJU
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.