Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Crazy Atom Bomb Video
Dieselstation Car Forums > Multimedia > Alt.Binaries
wild_willy
Right Click

Its one of those 1940's educational videos or something, pretty old but the footage is still pretty crazy. I cant believe some of the stuff in it head.gif
DakianDelomast
Sweet I love stuff like this.
idiot
QUOTE(DakianDelomast @ Apr 18 2005, 06:41 AM)
Sweet I love stuff like this.

of course you are mr nuclear engineer dry.gif
høgh
Cool, it looks awesome when the heat comes before the blast so everything is on fire and BANG! everything is gone.
DakianDelomast
lol anyone know the real story behind this movie?

The first bikini atoll test involved a nuclear bomb being dropped from a plane. Well the stupid thing sunk to the bottom of the atoll and the bomb went under the water. It went off but meeeeeh didn't do much damage. So they figure lets do it again.

What do they do? They send a whole bunch of people in to reposition all the ships all pretty. Yes a nuclear weapon went off, do they care? Nope! Reposition everything, set off another one above water. That took care of the ships.

The second movie is a testing area that you can actually visit. Me and my dad are planning to go in october. Everything from that town is left as it was. When you see everything getting all smokey that's the radiation driving its gamma rays through the materials and vaporizing that is on the surface. Then the shockwave of the explosion hits. Yes that's in real time. In Hiroshima and Nagasaki there are permament shadows on the streets and walls. Gamma radiation hit people with such energy that it dislodged carbon atoms from their body and deposited them in the concrete.

The 3rd movie was a test of the soldier's resolve. They set off the atom bomb and marched the troops right through the ground zero, just to see if they would do it.
Viper007Bond
Jesus.

And laugh.gif @ the 3rd test.

Oh, and is this pre or post Hiroshima and Nagasaki? I believe they dropped the bomb give or take a year from 1946.
PAULIE_D
I tried to save this clip to my PC but it tries to save itself as a Winamp file? Then it won't play back!
bankE46
QUOTE(PAULIE_D @ Apr 21 2005, 02:00 AM)
I tried to save this clip to my PC but it tries to save itself as a Winamp file? Then it won't play back!

apparently you have your file associations messed up... try shift+right clicking it and choose open with... then choose windows media player or quicktime.
PAULIE_D
QUOTE(BankieVR6 @ Apr 21 2005, 02:25 AM)
apparently you have your file associations messed up... try shift+right clicking it and choose open with... then choose windows media player or quicktime.

It saves itself as an MP4 audio file so I have no idea what is going wrong.
Spike23
QUOTE(PAULIE_D @ Apr 21 2005, 12:46 AM)

Yea i was just about to ask the same thing.
I even tried changing the extensions..no luck.
Pking688
To think that the Abomb was used 60 yrs ago for the first time, July 17, 1945 i think it was, is crazy. I mean what a weapon, to think that humans have the ability to create and thus destroy all things is sort of odd. By the way, would you be dead before or after carbon atoms are dislodged?
Viper007Bond
QUOTE(PAULIE_D @ Apr 21 2005, 01:46 AM)

Open it with WMP. It's an MPEG4 video. Either that, rename it to .mpg
moe89
do they have a video that i can download of the test of the H-bomb(Hydrogen bomb for those that don't know)
Jordan
Divx player wont play sound, WMP wont play video, and winamp doenst play it at all. someone help me.
DakianDelomast
VLC plays it.
Phix
Quicktime plays it. Just open quicktime and open the file through there. And holy shit-to. Seriously, I can't imagine just what the people who were within the blast radius at Nagasaki Hiroshima must have gone through... damn. sad.gif
DakianDelomast
... They didn't go through a whole lot phix.

They were vaporized.
moe89
i feel worse for the people who were farther away, they suffered for a long time from radiation burns/sickness etc. AND does anyone have a video of the H-Bomb being tested?
Pking688
QUOTE(DakianDelomast @ Apr 22 2005, 09:26 PM)
... They didn't go through a whole lot phix.

They were vaporized.

Right, and I was thinking about what you said about the Carbon atoms being dislodged. So while you are vaporized your nerves are burned off and your eyes go around the same time. Then you die, so it is pretty bad.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.