Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Lancer Evolution IX (9) at NÜRBURGRING
Dieselstation Car Forums > Multimedia > Alt.Binaries
Black RSX
I stole this right off ClubRSX.com

8:11, that's 2 seconds slower than a standard Ferrari 360 Modena, NSX Type R, Lamborghini Diablo SV

1 second slower than a UK spec Viper GTS

See times for all cars here
ShinRa
thumbs_up.gif

i bet he was freaking out.
clarkma5
Mmm, Evo IX.

I know it's not much different than the VIII, but I like it soooo much more for some reason.

as for the vid, the guy did a pretty good job, but it seemed like it was a sorta ragged lap.
Easton
Maybe it's the number? The X numeral does make the whole name look abit prettier tongue.gif

Probably helps.
soarer
QUOTE(Easton @ Mar 26 2005, 07:31 PM)
Maybe it's the number? The X numeral does make the whole name look abit prettier tongue.gif

Probably helps.

has the "X Factor". lol
jbzonda
QUOTE(soarer @ Mar 26 2005, 12:49 AM)
QUOTE(Easton @ Mar 26 2005, 07:31 PM)

Probably helps.

has the "X Factor". lol

TOUCHDOWN! laugh.gif
moe89
what are the differences between the EVO8 and EVO9??
bankE46
8:11, what trash. im gonna go school that bitch. *boots of GT4* tongue_crossed-eyes.gif
spitfire
QUOTE(moe89 @ Mar 26 2005, 08:39 AM)
what are the differences between the EVO8 and EVO9??

QUOTE(Mitsubishi Motors Corporation)
1. Exterior

* In an integral molding, the new front bumper houses an oversize mesh grille to raise engine cooling efficiency and also locates the Mitsubishi 3-diamond emblem. All unnecessary openings on the undersurface of the bumper have been closed off to reduce air resistance.
    * The new rear bumper features a diffuser undersurface in a distinctive design that shapes the corners to stabilize air flow detachment and reduce drag and that adds to Evolution's sedan-racer looks.
    * The rear wing assembly uses molded vertical components color-keyed to the body and a carbon-fiber hollow spoiler that lowers the center of gravity.
    * Dark-clear extensions on headlamps and rear lamps enhance the car's premium appearance.
    * GSR and GT trim levels run on Enkei 17x8JJ lightweight 5-double-spoke alloy road wheels that are 0.15 kg per wheel lighter than those fitted to Evolution VIII MR.
    * Evolution IX is available with a new air dam extension and rear wing Gurney flap (dealer options) that further improve aero efficiency. These advanced aero devices improve high-speed handling and stability by reducing front and rear wheel lift and enhancing the front-rear aero balance.

2. Interior

* Dashboard ornamentation on GSR and GT models is clear coated with a rich carbon-like finish.
    * GSR and GT models use new alloy accelerator, brake and clutch pedals designed for sport driving as well as to accent the sedan-racer look to the cockpit.
    * GSR uses Recaro bucket seats. The squab facing uses non-slip Alcantara suede upholstery that keeps the occupant fresh and comfortable even on longer journeys while the side bolster facings are covered in genuine leather making the seats easier to get in and out of and also adding a touch of choice luxury to the interior.
    * GSR is equipped with a carbon shifter panel embellished with the Lancer Evolution logo.
    * GSR and GT models use a high-density dash silencer and double-sealing weatherstrips that reduce interior noise levels.

3. Engine & transmission

* For Evolution IX the 4G63 engine gains Mitsubishi's MIVEC variable valve timing technology that improves top-end output as well as fuel efficiency. MIVEC technology allows GSR to return 10.0 km/l in the Japanese 10-15 mode driving cycle, equivalent to a three percent improvement in mileage.
    * On GSR, the turbocharger uses a lengthened diffuser to generate more low-end and mid-range torque (400 N-m(40.8 kg-m)/3000rpm) as well as bring a significant improvement in response (average 5%) across the full rev range.
    * On the RS and GT, the turbocharger compressor wheel uses magnesium alloy instead of aluminum alloy. This brings a dramatic improvement in supercharging response. Mated to a 5-speed gearbox with higher torque capacity, the engine has been tuned to generate maximum torque of 407 N-m(41.5 kg-m)/3000rpm.
    * The 5-speed transmission used on the RS and GT derives from the close-ratio competition gearbox but has a revised top gear ratio for improved high-speed cruising.

4. Other features

* New rear springs lower vehicle height slightly, improving rear end stability (GSR and GT) and allowing the Super AYC to operate more effectively and improve steering response (GSR).
    * Features retained on Evolution IX include: Evolution's well-proven lightweight and high rigidity body featuring the aluminum roof panel pioneered on Evolution VIII MR (all grades); jointly-developed Bilstein hi-response shock absorbers (GSR and GT); Mitsubishi's ACD + Super AYC + Sports ABS electronically controlled all-wheel control system (GSR); and Brembo ventilated disc brakes (GSR and GT).

thumbs_up.gif
Renesis
nice vid, it's very rare that we see hotlaps like that, on the ring with no traffic
clarkma5
QUOTE(BankieVR6 @ Mar 26 2005, 09:20 AM)
8:11, what trash. im gonna go school that bitch. *boots of GT4* tongue_crossed-eyes.gif

GT4 doesn't properly model the minor inconsistencies and bumps of the 'ring that make it truly difficult wink.gif
hĝgh
From the time link posted by BSRX:

"7:50 --- BMW X5 Le Mans V12, Hans Stuck (2001) "

Err.. what? That's not the SUV X5 is it?

EDIT: Googled it and, seriously? Did this drive a 7:50 on the 'Ring!?

Damn, this is THE coolest SUV ever!
bankE46
wow, check out the rubber on that X5! those are viper-esque widths
RJ
What suprises me is this:
7:50 --- Blitz Supra, 750 PS, Herbert Schürg (1997)
7:50 --- Honda RC30, Helmut Daehne (1993)
7:50 --- Lamborghini Murcielago (06/2002)
7:52 --- Gemballa Porsche 911 Le Mans (1995)
7:52 --- Lamborghini Gallardo E-Gear (12/2003)
7:52 --- Mercedes Benz SLR McLaren (06/2004)
7:54 --- Porsche GT3 (996) (2003)
7:55 --- Caterham R500 Superlight (2002)
7:56 --- Ferrari 360 Challenge Stradale (02/2004)
7:56 --- Porsche 996 Turbo

7:56 --- Chevrolet Corvette C6 (tested by Dave Hill)
7:57 --- Lotec Porsche 993 Turbo, 600 PS, racing suspension
7:59 --- Porsche 911 Carrera S (997) (Performance Chassis) (Walter Rohrl - WHEELS June 2004)
8:02 --- Porsche 911 Carrera S (997) (Sport PASM setting) (Walter Rohrl - WHEELS June 2004)
8:03 --- Porsche 996 GT3 (1999)
8:04 --- Lamborghini Diablo GT (07/2000)
8:05 --- Ferrari 575M Maranello F1 (12/2002)
8:05 --- Porsche 911 Carrera S (997) (Normal PASM setting)(Walter Rohrl - WHEELS June 2004)

Care to compare prices? I can't wait for the Z06 to beat some more of those times!! The C6 did a good job for a stock producton vehicle for ~ $50K.
Cyclone
Damn this thread ~Plays GT4~

Listen to how heavy the driver is breathing!
eraser_rx
i think he is somehow scared........
ShinRa
QUOTE(eraser_rx @ Mar 28 2005, 04:35 AM)
i think he is somehow scared........

lol, and you wouldn't be? If your not a prof or really experienced race car driver, driving like that is more scary then it is fun.
PandaBeat
QUOTE(Black RSX @ Mar 25 2005, 09:40 PM)
I stole this right off ClubRSX.com

8:11, that's 2 seconds slower than a standard Ferrari 360 Modena, NSX Type R, Lamborghini Diablo SV

1 second slower than a UK spec Viper GTS

See times for all cars here

HEY

YOU LINKED TO MY NURBURGRING THREAD! :cop:
soarer
that X5 would be scary to drive it be on a 45 degree angle the whole time lol
eraser_rx
QUOTE(ShinRa @ Mar 28 2005, 09:32 AM)
lol, and you wouldn't be? If your not a prof or really experienced race car driver, driving like that is more scary then it is fun.

hehehe laugh.gif .....i'm not saying that i wouldn't be scared.....

i'm comparing him to other race drivers.....tongue.gif whistle.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.