Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Koenigsegg
Dieselstation Car Forums > The Cool Wall > Legacy Cool Wall > Frozen
Pages: 1, 2
Raven
What do you think of the Koenigsegg? (both CC and CCR)

I don't like the shape and design that much, but it's above average for sure.

I prefer Italian supercars and one British supercar (McLaren F1).
høgh
Have you seen our Cool Wall?
NorthPoint
Please add pics, description, and specs. And the options should look like the other Cool Wall postings.

Oh, and welcome to DS.
Raven

I like the Koenigsegg in red or black. The CC model have 655 HP and the CCR have 806(!) HP. The engine is at 4,7 liters. The are many similarities between the CC and the CCR. But, the CCR is slightly better.

CCR facts:
The weight of the CCR is 1180 kg.
0-135 mph (217 km/h) in 10 s flat.
0-100 km/h in 3,2 s.
Top speed 395+ km/h (242 mph).
Quarter mile: 9 s, trap speed 235 km/h (146 mph).
Braking 100-0 km/h 31 m.
It's height of only 1,07 m reduces the frontal area and helps the Koenigsegg attain a remarkable top-speed.
NorthPoint
You cannot post images from Tripod.

Please use Cyclone's image hosting service (read this thread), http://forums.dieselstation.com/index.php?...p?showtopic=893

PS. I'll be moving this thread into the Cool Wall section in a while...
PandaBeat
I voted Ugly. But I like it.
NorthPoint
Tripod image fixed. Poll options fixed.
moe89
I have loved this car before it was even heard of around 4 years ago

the problem is that the steering/clutch/gear change is heavy...like an american car
Boxster17
I think it's cool, even though I personally don't really like it at all, but it's got some good performance specs. I think part of the reason I dislike it is because I used to think it was decent, but then everyone I know loves this car, and I just got sick of it.
Tirminyl
I love this car. If I was a billionaire this would be on my extremely short cars to buy list (about 6 six cars). I voted Sub.
Jekyll_2005
i loved this car a while ago also, but now that almost everyone knows about it, its hype is blown out of the water

it is like the same thing with the Enzo, McLaren F1, nothing against those cars, but they are every little boy's dream car and everyone thinks it is the best of any car out on the road today, when in reality it is not pratical. dont get me wrong, if you are talking about speed records and stuff like that, then yes, these cars have set the bar for all the other cars to meet. but like you said Boxster; now that everyone loves it, i am starting ot dislike it.

but, what do i think about the Koenigsegg? i Really like the doors how they open, they are a twist the Lamborghini sytle door, the CC8 looks really badass in black, and the over all clean look of the car is what i like about it.

so yeah, i guess i will give it a cool thumbs_up.gif
bankE46
having watched and listened to Clarkson driving it, it looks like an absolute blast. and i think its one of the better looking supercars out there. frozen, bitches.
Raven
I have heard rumor about the Koenigsegg being faster than the McLaren F1 when it comes to top speed.

Is this true? huh.gif
dukenukem
The CCR broke the record .. the video is in alt. binaries
Raven
No, no, no, that's 'only' 388 km/h.

I have a video on my computer that show the McLaren F1 do 391km/h!

How do you explain that? laugh.gif
Jekyll_2005
QUOTE(Raven @ Mar 30 2005, 01:56 PM)
No, no, no, that's 'only' 388 km/h.

I have a video on my computer that show the McLaren F1 do 391km/h!

How do you explain that? laugh.gif

http://www.ladolceveloce.com/?p=42

391? are you sure? how come it wasnt documented, as being the fastest?

was it tuned in any way, because the Mclaren F1 held the record for the fasted PRODUCTION car, and tuning a car wont make it in the rule books
Raven
Oh, I see. rolleyes.gif

Well, the video looks real. There's a display in the car and a guy saying: "391km/h". But, of course, it can be fake and/or a tuned car.
PandaBeat
Don't remember if the F1 did 391, but the video is real, and I believe the only mod done to the car was a taller 6th gear fitted to the car...
porschedream
I give it a cool. It's not a mainstream car which is good, it's fast whoch is even better. I've heard lots of good things about the throottle response, clutch feel and willingness to GO.
Raven
QUOTE(mdaj @ Mar 30 2005, 09:31 AM)
I love this car. If I was a billionaire this would be on my extremely short cars to buy list (about 6 six cars). I voted Sub.

My wish list:

- Ferrari Enzo

- Lamborghini Murciélago

- Koenigsegg CCR

- BMW M3 CSL

Perhaps a little too farfechted? tongue.gif
Easton
I voted subzero cool.

I actually prefer the F1 over this, because I Feel the McLaren was more special, more record breaking and outrageous as this. The F1 has gold lining in it's engine bay, fans to assist in downforce and goodness knows what other outrageous technologies implemented.

The Koenigsdlfasdjlegg isn't as special, I feel like the only reason why this car is now faster is because of the way technology has progressed, it is after all like 10 years newer than the F1! The only unique and new thing about this is the doors... but I don't think that can really match the F1's gadgets.

The only reason why i'm voted it so highly is because against it's current competition, and of all the multitudes of new super cars out/coming out - this one is probably the best. This car and the Zonda are my favourite modern supercars.

I also love the Gallardo and would buy it if I could'nt afford the Koenilskdfjalksdlsdjsegg or the Zonda biggrin.gif
moe89
the F1 is over 15 years old anyway...
arnge
QUOTE(Raven @ Apr 1 2005, 01:39 PM)
My wish list:

- Ferrari Enzo

- Lamborghini Murciélago

- Koenigsegg CCR

- BMW M3 CSL

A csl are u kidding ?
where is the porshe GT , and the merc. SLR ?
RockStaRRR
watch the gumball 3000 where one guy name arthur drives this car and it keeps breaking down ...its quite funny...cuz its not happening to me
White RSX
QUOTE(RockStaRRR @ Apr 5 2005, 07:07 PM)
watch the gumball 3000 where one guy name arthur drives this car and it keeps breaking down ...its quite funny...cuz its not happening to me

It was a prototype, so yeah, it'll have problems.
Raven
QUOTE(arnge @ Apr 5 2005, 05:38 PM)
QUOTE(Raven @ Apr 1 2005, 01:39 PM)
My wish list:

- Ferrari Enzo

- Lamborghini Murciélago

- Koenigsegg CCR

- BMW M3 CSL

A csl are u kidding ?
where is the porshe GT , and the merc. SLR ?

What's wrong with a BMW M3 CSL? whistle.gif

My wishlist already contains 3 supercars, that's probably enough. laugh.gif
Easton
The CSL is an incredible car for what it is. Many say it better to drive than the Lambo Gallardo. It's only cause of the V10 addiction and the Lambo looks that makes the Gallardo more appealing and expensive.
DakianDelomast
Err the Gallardo is like 100k less than the SLR.
clarkma5
QUOTE(DakianDelomast @ Apr 6 2005, 11:26 AM)
Err the Gallardo is like 100k less than the SLR.

$100k? Try $300k.
DakianDelomast
I was factoring in Mercedes' depreciation biggrin.gif
moe89
there is a reason the Koenigsegg costs around 400K for a CC, the engine is cheap
White RSX
QUOTE(moe89 @ Apr 7 2005, 02:08 PM)
there is a reason the Koenigsegg costs around 400K for a CC, the engine is cheap

Prove it.
DakianDelomast
QUOTE(moe89 @ Apr 7 2005, 05:08 PM)

Yes 500 and some odd hp engines displacing 4.7 liters and built to be supercharged sure are easy to come by. In fact I'm sitting on one right now!
McKhaos
QUOTE(DakianDelomast @ Apr 8 2005, 04:44 AM)
Yes 500 and some odd hp engines displacing 4.7 liters and built to be supercharged sure are easy to come by. In fact I'm sitting on one right now!

Try sitting on a chair . I surely must be more comfortable . laugh.gif
moe89
QUOTE(DakianDelomast @ Apr 7 2005, 06:44 PM)

im saying that the engine is a ford V8, Koeningsegg have heavily modified it to provide 655hp, and they have lightened it considerably they also saved a lot of money this way
if Koenigsegg made its own engine, or used a good AMG or BMW M engine or something like that, it would have cost a lot more

im not saying that the Ford V8 is common or cheap, but is a hell of a lot cheaper than other large high priced V8's(like an AMG)
snakefood
looks good, it has enough power, but i think its uncomfortable!
DakianDelomast
QUOTE(moe89 @ Apr 8 2005, 06:19 AM)
im saying that the engine is a ford V8, Koeningsegg have heavily modified it to provide 655hp, and they have lightened it considerably they also saved a lot of money this way
if Koenigsegg made its own engine, or used a good AMG or BMW M engine or something like that, it would have cost a lot more

im not saying that the Ford V8 is common or cheap, but is a hell of a lot cheaper than other large high priced V8's(like an AMG)

Its a completely custom built engine. It doesn't matter what block they started with, or what source the engine components used to come from. Its just as pricy as ANY OTHER custom built motor. Your logic fails Moe.
Mellender17
Merc V8 - Hand built aluminium, expensiveness.
Koenigsegg V8 - American built, runs on coal.
wink.gif
Espen
Of course it matters that it's a Ford engine full of off-shelf racing parts. It's nice that Koenigsegg can deliver a powerful and reasonably reliable engine this way, but cheap it is not and whichever way they slice it it's still just a production V8.
DakianDelomast
It is NOT made with "racing parts" the motor is hand build to the swed's specs. God you guys are idiots.
Raven
I personally don't care so much where the engine's from. All that matters is the performance, and the Koenigsegg is pretty good in that area, huh? wink.gif

Anyway, after 41 votes, I think my topic should come up on the "Frozen!"-board. rolleyes.gif
R. Waters
QUOTE(moe89 @ Mar 25 2005, 07:39 PM)
I have loved this car before it was even heard of around 4 years ago

the problem is that the steering/clutch/gear change is heavy...like an american car

all american cars are Heavy, way to stereotype, A hole
Espen
QUOTE(DakianDelomast @ Apr 8 2005, 10:35 AM)
It is NOT made with "racing parts" the motor is hand build to the swed's specs. God you guys are idiots.

Yes, go ahead and call me an idiot why don't you. Thats nice.

Blocks are Ford Motorsport castings stuffed with all steel tuning parts like Verdi rods, billet crank, stainless valves and so forth - the likes of which any decent tuner or engine builder could attain. Specifying the parts is pretty far from designing an engine.

Its a pragamtic approach to generating power, but compared to the Motori Modena flat-12 they originally intended to use, it might as well be a Chevy smallblock.
DakianDelomast
Yes you are an idiot because you're downplaying the fact that the engine is custom built for the car. Who cares if they had a flat 12 planned. This engine does the job and it does the job quite well and is still a technical materpiece.
moe89
all american cars are Heavy, way to stereotype, A hole

really, arent most american cars heavy?
i'm trying not to stereotype i am stating a fact to my knowledge
DakianDelomast
QUOTE(moe89 @ Apr 8 2005, 07:54 PM)
really, arent most american cars heavy?
i'm trying not to stereotype i am stating a fact to my knowledge

Very untrue. Mustangs especially in Cobra form can be extremely light weight and even the fated F-bodies weigh as much as their japanese equivalents.
porschedream
So i've heard. Aren't some late 90's Vettes lightweight as well?
DakianDelomast
Well their skin is made of fiberglass and plastic so they sure aren't heavy.
Espen
Yes you are an idiot because you're downplaying the fact that the engine is custom built for the car. Who cares if they had a flat 12 planned. This engine does the job and it does the job quite well and is still a technical materpiece.

There you go again. It's always nice to be called an idiot by a mod, makes you feel real welcome thumbs_up.gif

As I said, Koenigsegg is having a hard time being taken seriously, and according to market research a big part of that is because they use an off-the shelf engine. Who wants to pay Carrera GT, Zonda 12S or even Ferrari Enzo money for an unproven car running a hotrod engine whan you can have the best of the best and never have to worry about resale value or reliability?

About 2% of supercar buyers, that's who. The rest go for the competition. Look at how Zonda came form nowhere and is in great shape less than a decade after the company was even founded.

"Ooh but the angine is hand built". I'll let you in on a little secret. All engines at this level are hand built. Just not from Summit Racing parts.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.