Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Aston Martin V8 Vantage
Dieselstation Car Forums > The Cool Wall > Legacy Cool Wall > Frozen
marcos_eirik

Large pics here...
Tirminyl
Frozen! Even if many call it a poser car it will be among the first I buy when I become a millionaire in my dreams.
Si_GTi
QUOTE(mdaj @ Mar 14 2005, 12:19 PM)
Frozen!

What he said. With bells on biggrin.gif

As long as we're talking about a manual version, no paddle-shifters, I think its bloody fantastic thumbs_up.gif
dukenukem
seriously uncool.

it looks exactly like the 2 cars before it and has no racing pedigree so to speak. in other words ideal for posers.
Phix
Frozen. It looks beautiful. I don't really care if it lacks racing pedigree...
Boxster17
I love the look of it, and I love the proportions of this car, I find it to be so much more aggressive looking than the DB9, well done Aston....FROZEN.
marcos_eirik
QUOTE(dukenukem @ Mar 14 2005, 03:09 PM)
seriously uncool.

it looks exactly like the 2 cars before it and has no racing pedigree so to speak. in other words ideal for posers.

No racing pedigree? What...? You don't even have a clue what you talk about. Go learn some racing history before you write something like that... Aston Martin has been racing since 1923... rolleyes.gif

Besides it doesen't look like the two other cars. It's slightly different, it's taunter and more agressive. Bt if it where, why change anything this beautiful...
dukenukem
QUOTE(marcos_eirik @ Mar 15 2005, 11:05 AM)
QUOTE(dukenukem @ Mar 14 2005, 03:09 PM)
seriously uncool.

No racing pedigree? What...? You don't even have a clue what you talk about. Go learn some racing history before you write something like that... Aston Martin has been racing since 1923... rolleyes.gif

Besides it doesen't look like the two other cars. It's slightly different, it's taunter and more agressive. Bt if it where, why change anything this beautiful...

name the last race it won.
marcos_eirik
QUOTE(From Aston Martin's homepage...)
Aston Martin’s international racing debut was in 1923, when two cars competed in the French Grand Prix, rapidly establishing the marque’s racing credentials – later that year, the team went on to break 10 world records at the Brooklands motor racing circuit.

By 1929, the Aston Martin international model had evolved, setting new standards for road holding and handling. In racing colours, it helped Bertelli and Driscoll triumph in the ultimate test of endurance, winning the Biennial Cup at Le Mans in 1932.

Industrialist David Brown acquired Aston Martin in 1947 and an iconic era of new DB badged coupes dawned. Brown had a passion for high performance sports cars and wanted Aston Martin to win the worldwide recognition he believed it deserved. He also recognised the enormous potential that existed for Aston Martin if he could take the company racing.

Source....
dukenukem
so the last race was won 57 years back ?
goota
FFFFFROZZZZEN NIGGA!
marcos_eirik
QUOTE(dukenukem @ Mar 15 2005, 10:48 AM)
so the last race was won 57 years back ?

No i'm sure they have von plenty of races more recently, among them Le Mans in 1959, with the DBR1. So my piont is your argument about Aston Martin lacking racing pedigree is still ridiculus...
dukenukem
its 1959 for gods sake !!!!!!! name 1 race it has won in the past 20 years which you can claim makes this car a true sports car and not a very fast poseur mobile.

edit: TVR and Lotus are true sports cars as they have the track performance to back their claims. I love Lotus and the would have loved TVRs if they werent so revoltingly ugly and actually go from A to B without breaking down.
marcos_eirik
QUOTE(dukenukem @ Mar 15 2005, 11:01 AM)
its 1959 for gods sake !!!!!!! name 1 race it has won in the past 20 years which you can claim makes this car a true sports car and not a very fast poseur mobile.

...I love Lotus and the would have loved TVRs if they werent so revoltingly ugly and actually go from A to B without breaking down.

1) Aston Martin has Racing pedigree. You can't possibly deny it. (Have a look at the Victory By Design video...)
2) Beauty is in the eye of the beholder... I think they look great, because they don't hide what they are, and they dare to be different...
3) The reliability issues about TVR are more myth than truth. Name at least one recall they have ever had... rolleyes.gif
dukenukem
QUOTE(marcos_eirik @ Mar 15 2005, 01:14 PM)
QUOTE(dukenukem @ Mar 15 2005, 11:01 AM)

...I love Lotus and the would have loved TVRs if they werent so revoltingly ugly and actually go from A to B without breaking down.

1) Aston Martin has Racing pedigree. You can't possibly deny it. (Have a look at the Victory By Design video...)
2) Beauty is in the eye of the beholder... I think they look great, because they don't hide what they are, and they dare to be different...
3) The reliability issues about TVR are more myth than truth. Name at least one recall they have ever had... rolleyes.gif

they dont have to recall anything. the owners bring them back themselves laugh.gif
marcos_eirik
QUOTE(dukenukem @ Mar 15 2005, 11:30 AM)
they dont have to recall anything. the owners bring them back themselves laugh.gif

rolleyes.gif
R. Waters
it's on the same level as a 911 in terms of coolness
clarkma5
OMG is it a DB9? Oh, sorry, it's NEW rolleyes.gif

Apart from the styling issue, it's definitely gonna have its fair share of posers and Clarkson think-alikes. It's too heavy and too soft to be really cool in terms of its performance, too...

Uncool.
PandaBeat
It's fucking cool, god damnit, looks better and classier than any car on that segment, I'd take it over the 997, the Gallardo or even the F430, this coming from a Ferrarista, almost fanboy... yeah I knkow it's slower, that it has like 120HP less than the F430, but I don't care, this looks gorgeous, and IMO a better sorted design than the also gorgeous DB9...
Raven
It's ceratainly cool and above the average car.

But, it's not as cool as a Ferrari, Lamborghini or a McLaren F1. cool.gif
jbzonda
one of the best looking cars i have ever seen!

that thing will be frozen for along time.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.