Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: March Exercise #1 RESULTS
Dieselstation Car Forums > Multimedia > Alt.Binaries
Renesis
First of all, I want to thank all of the participants, from FinalGear and Dieselstation.

Secondly, I want to remember you that the voting guidelines can be found in the rules topic which is here and don't forget that you can't vote for your own chop!

The original;

So here are the entries for this month!

Chop #1

Chop #2

Chop #3

Chop #4

Chop #5

Chop #6

Chop #7

Chop #8

Chop #9

Chop #10

Chop #11

This thread will open once results are in, for discussion, comments etc.

Voting ends on the 15th!
Renesis
So the results are finally there! Congratulations and thanks to everyone, voters and participants, I hope we'll see you in big numbers for the next contest!

Please note that the next contest will start as soon as the winner gives me the next photo to chop

*Drumroll*

In 3rd Position with 12 points, Mark!

In 2nd Position with 13 points, BankieVR6

and the winner, with an astonishing 28 points, MXM!

For detailed results, please refer to the voting char, in MS Excel format available here

This thread will now stay open for questions, comments, congratulations, critic, etc. As long as it stays on topic.
A32
Congratulation guys!

BTW, I forgot about the deadline. Oops! I didn't get home till 11:00pm that night, and it was already closed.

...here is mine anyway:
Renesis
that would've been in my podium, you should have entered it! it's very clean
A32
I tried! sad.gif

It was too late when i got home. The tread was already up.
m_weinerich
BANKIE SHOULD OF WON GOD DAMMIT! he had such a original idea! and MXM had the reflections WAY off
Renesis
QUOTE(m_weinerich @ Mar 15 2005, 06:14 PM)
BANKIE SHOULD OF WON GOD DAMMIT! he had such a original idea! and MXM had the reflections WAY off

What are you talking about? the only reflections on his car are the ones from the original picture, and if you wanted bankie to win that much, you could have voted rolleyes.gif wink.gif
m_weinerich
QUOTE(Renesis @ Mar 15 2005, 03:27 PM)
What are you talking about? the only reflections on his car are the ones from the original picture, and if you wanted bankie to win that much, you could have voted rolleyes.gif wink.gif

Well look at reflections on the convertible part of the car it looks like the sun is comming from behind and in the picture the lightsource is comming from the front. And yea i should of voted but w/e i'll wait untill the new contest.
Renesis
^that's what I call awfully picky! wink.gif
bankE46
oh well, 2nd place ain't that shabby. tongue.gif
arnge
BankieVR6 should have got the 1 rst place he have the best idea and the 1rst place chop seats reflections are really bad , he could have done something for them.
Viper007Bond
laugh.gif @ GT4 chop
bankE46
QUOTE(Viper007Bond @ Mar 15 2005, 09:50 PM)
laugh.gif @ GT4 chop

what can i say, im obsessed wink.gif
Renesis
QUOTE(arnge @ Mar 15 2005, 08:34 PM)
BankieVR6 should have got the 1 rst place he have the best idea and the 1rst place chop seats reflections are really bad , he could have done something for them.

wow, how original is that, you just said the same thing as m_weinerich.

You know what? I'm going to quote myself on that

if you wanted bankie to win that much, you could have voted  rolleyes.gif  wink.gif

Bankie's chop was great and original, but what irritates me is the different yellow in the added lip spoiler in the front
bankE46
QUOTE(Renesis @ Mar 15 2005, 10:53 PM)
Bankie's chop was great and original, but what irritates me is the different yellow in the added lip spoiler in the front

yea, i gave up on that after a while, it was the only part of the car i took from a screenshot of the gt4 car.
TexanBerettaGT
Could someone please tell me how many votes I ended up with ?. I don't have excel, so I can't read the dang file.
bankE46
QUOTE(TexanBerettaGT @ Mar 15 2005, 11:13 PM)
Could someone please tell me how many votes I ended up with ?. I don't have excel, so I can't read the dang file.

you were voted in 1st place, by one person, 9th of of 10 overall.
White RSX
QUOTE(BankieVR6 @ Mar 15 2005, 04:05 PM)
oh well, 2nd place ain't that shabby. tongue.gif

First loser.
soarer
comon!!! i got 7 points!! im happy. mine was the orange coupe chop#5
porsche944
how did you think of such a wonderful paint scheme berretta?
TexanBerettaGT
If your being sarcastic, then I dunno.

If yoru serious, then I still have no clue lol.

I just started playing around with it and found something I liked. biggrin.gif
R. Waters
LOL at the hatchback attempt
bankE46
QUOTE(White RSX @ Mar 15 2005, 11:52 PM)
First loser.

and you placed... whistle.gif
Kip_666
QUOTE(R. Waters @ Mar 15 2005, 09:36 PM)
LOL at the hatchback attempt

DS_Naughty2.gif
MXM
A32's looks nice, too bad you didn't submit it. Although not very practical without having any doors smile.gif

Ok, I'll try to respond to critics.

a ) It's lighting, not reflections.
b ) I did something about them, it was much worse before. I know it's not perfect, but it's not irritating so I just left it like that.
c ) I'm wondering how you managed to ignore voting for 3 days, and yet you're here half an hour after deadline complaining about results? The one who should win is the one who people voted for. So please do next time before saying something wasn't fair.

I'm not saying Bankie's pic wan't good, but his idea is for a limited audience smile.gif That's why I didn't vote for him. I just had no idea what he did with the pic, and how the game looked before photoshoping.

Wait till Ren posts my new pic. Try to make THAT car look good, that's a challenge laugh.gif

Oh well, I'll just go back to the friendly-forum tongue.gif
Boxster17
I did better than I thought. Mine was number 3, which I probably only spent an hour or so on just messing around with it. By the way, when is the next one coming, I'm in the mood for working on one right now, but it's not up yet sad.gif
m_weinerich
QUOTE(MXM @ Mar 16 2005, 05:18 AM)
A32's looks nice, too bad you didn't submit it. Although not very practical without having any doors smile.gif

Ok, I'll try to respond to critics.

a ) It's lighting, not reflections.
b ) I did something about them, it was much worse before. I know it's not perfect, but it's not irritating so I just left it like that.
c ) I'm wondering how you managed to ignore voting for 3 days, and yet you're here half an hour after deadline complaining about results? The one who should win is the one who people voted for. So please do next time before saying something wasn't fair.

I'm not saying Bankie's pic wan't good, but his idea is for a limited audience smile.gif That's why I didn't vote for him. I just had no idea what he did with the pic, and how the game looked before photoshoping.

Wait till Ren posts my new pic. Try to make THAT car look good, that's a challenge laugh.gif

Oh well, I'll just go back to the friendly-forum tongue.gif

Your could of made the seats black and then colour them wink.gif if you don't mind ill do it 4 u and then post up the pic.
MXM
Not at all. In fact here is the version before I did anything with colors, so you have more to work on.

http://img119.exs.cx/img119/4541/cab8yu.jpg
m_weinerich
5mins of working on it. Thx 4 letting me do this MXM.oh shit 4got to fix the paint you get the idea of what you could of done but ne ways congrats on the win!

Mike
MXM
Thank you.

Hehe, that car looks good in black smile.gif
But still, the contrast in interior is too much. Front side of the seats are pretty much destroyed now, they are almost solid black. Plus I wanted to keep it bright and shiny. There's no "easy" way to fix the lighting, you have to carefully separate the shadow-part from bright-part, and that's what I tried to do with some success.
bankE46
dont worry, im not bitter about the loss. the convertible conversion takes more photoshop skill than anything i used to imitate the touring car. and yes, it plays to a gran turismo 4 loving audience primarily. tongue.gif
dukenukem
oh the contest is over already ? huh.gif i had no clue sad.gif
Renesis
yes, it's bi monthly now, I'll be opening up the next one in a few hours
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.