+Quote Post
salo
post Apr 28 2012, 12:24 AM
Post #22

Shift Noob

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,493

WOW! Fantastic!
First 3 pictures - amazing! #2 is my favourite!
Really a lot of work!
Knoll - nice filter))
Do u have bts photos?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
larsen
post Apr 28 2012, 02:27 AM
Post #23

Grease Monkey

Member No.: 6,353

QUOTE(oblivo @ Apr 27 2012, 01:01 AM) *
Really like this set. It definitely has better flare usage than some stuff I've seen lately, and there does tend to be a lot.

Thank you, glad you like it...

QUOTE(Dejan Sokolovski @ Apr 27 2012, 01:46 AM) *
Nice set allover, I like #6, #4 and #1 most!! But waaaaaay too much knolling man, it works on a couple shots, but not on ALL imo! :)

...but I expected more comments suggesting it was overdone :D I hadn't used it before, so guess I kind of ended up experimenting with flares in this series. Thanks Dejan :)

QUOTE(Mitch Hemming @ Apr 27 2012, 02:59 AM) *
#2 is wicked. Can you send me a 1680x wallpaper? pleaseeee

Also love the interior, and the air/road tracking shots

Sure, send me your e-mail address and I'll ship it over pronto!

QUOTE(Masya @ Apr 27 2012, 06:16 AM) *
Amazing pics! Well done! The only shitty crits from me to paint over dots of dust on the details shots :)

I know man, I sometimes tend to just not bother with the microscopic details when I'm almost done with a set. This is shot for a magazine, and if they use the detail shots they'll be printed rather small so shouldn't matter :)

QUOTE(Nike SB'd @ Apr 27 2012, 06:33 AM) *
Overall these are really clean and I like the vibe going on. I agree with the others, knoll is getting plaid out fast right now. Everyone's using it even in places it shouldn't be used lol. I think in #1, 10 and 11 it works, everywhere else it's a bit too obvious IMO.

My main complaint that is consistent in the set is a lack of midtones, they seem to be almost entirely highlights and shadows with little in between. Again in some of the shots it works, but overall I'd like to see more balanced exposures.

#14 is the only shot I'd definitely scrap from the set, the specular highlights on the emblem are just too distracting. Lack of control over that emblem just shows either a lack of talent (doubt it) or a lack of caring/time (more likely). It looks like a photo that was hastily shot as this could be greatly improved with two more minutes of minor effort.

My favorite of the bunch has to be #16, major location envy! There are only two things I'd change in the image. For starters I'd remove the strangely out of place looking stair set in the bottom left of the frame and replace it with flat ground. It's very bizarre looking and distracting. Aside from that I'd try to recover a bit of the blown highlights on the car, just to have some detail in that area.

I could probably nit pick them one by one, but as I said before as a series I think they're very successful and you should be happy with them.

Thanks again Sean. I'll look into the contrast bit, I've toned it down considerably over my last few series but I'm probably overdoing it still. As for the stairs - guess you're right! Never though about it like that because it obviouly didn't look out of place on location. These two were just hastily processed anyway, I'll return to that location with another car in the near future :)

QUOTE(OHirtenfelder @ Apr 27 2012, 08:53 AM) *
Excuse my ignorance, but knoll....?

I like these, but I do feel that the car gets lost a bit in 1 and 2. The tones of the surroundings are so similar to the tones of the car.

The aerial shots are fantastic imo!

5, 6, 9 and 18 are tops!

Knoll Light Factory - the flare generator everyone's using lately. I actually wanted the car to sort of blend in with the background tones here, bad call maybe? Might check and see if I can seperate them a bit more. Thanks!

QUOTE(Frederic Schlosser @ Apr 27 2012, 08:19 PM) *
Great series. Love the first pictures and the interior shots. The tracking shots are not really my taste (especially the knoll flares).

We talked about this :) Appreciate your input Frederic!

QUOTE(Nate047 @ Apr 27 2012, 09:23 PM) *
good set, I like the feel over all. like everyone has said, lay off the flare though

Thanks! And yeah, yeah, yeah, I'll leave it out of my next set!

QUOTE(dynadesign.nu @ Apr 28 2012, 12:23 AM) *
wow... these are some of the best images iv'e seen of an FF and 458. Superb quality Thomas!

Can't say I've seen any images of the FF and 458 together at all, so you might actually be right ;)
Thanks man!

QUOTE(salo @ Apr 28 2012, 10:24 AM) *
WOW! Fantastic!
First 3 pictures - amazing! #2 is my favourite!
Really a lot of work!
Knoll - nice filter))
Do u have bts photos?

Glad you like them :) No BTS shots for this set unfortunately, didn't have time for it!

+Quote Post
Luuk
post Apr 28 2012, 04:03 AM
Post #24

Grease Monkey

Member No.: 5,049

There's nothing cooler than heli-to-car shots. Bad ass!

+Quote Post
Martin
post Apr 28 2012, 07:11 AM
Post #25

Pit Mechanic

Member No.: 4,310
Car: VW Golf 2.0 TDi, Volvo 480 Turbo

#6 is epic. That alone is worth the cost of a heli-flight I'd say.

+Quote Post
Synesthesia
post Apr 28 2012, 10:15 AM
Post #26

Race Driver

Member No.: 2,585

Sweet, the tracking and heli shots are standout to me. smile.gif

+Quote Post
mcdronkz
post Apr 28 2012, 10:26 AM
Post #27

Wie dit leest is gek.

Member No.: 4,920
Car: Volkswagen Beetle 1960

Very good and appealing set.

Maybe I'm missing something here, but I'm not sure why a lot of people are so down with #6. I like the dynamic diagonal lines, but that's about it. The car has a slight halo, the colors aren't appealing, the perspective is compressed, half of the car is blocked in a not-so-nice way and there is a some part of the helicopter visible in the top corner.

#1, #2 and #3 look very good, albeit the background is a bit busy. #2 has a very good feel with lots of detail and a friendly ambience.

#16 and #17 are lovely, but watch your highlight and deep shadow detail. The distortion in #17 is over the top, like the straight perspective though.

+Quote Post
The Yank
post Apr 30 2012, 06:30 PM
Post #28

Grease Monkey

Member No.: 3,616
Car: '99 Corvette

#2 is f'n awesome. Well done!

+Quote Post
larsen
post Apr 30 2012, 11:57 PM
Post #29

Grease Monkey

Member No.: 6,353

QUOTE(mcdronkz @ Apr 28 2012, 08:26 PM) *
Very good and appealing set.

Maybe I'm missing something here, but I'm not sure why a lot of people are so down with #6. I like the dynamic diagonal lines, but that's about it. The car has a slight halo, the colors aren't appealing, the perspective is compressed, half of the car is blocked in a not-so-nice way and there is a some part of the helicopter visible in the top corner.

#1, #2 and #3 look very good, albeit the background is a bit busy. #2 has a very good feel with lots of detail and a friendly ambience.

#16 and #17 are lovely, but watch your highlight and deep shadow detail. The distortion in #17 is over the top, like the straight perspective though.

I wouldn't have picked #6 as the best of the series either, though do like that shot. What's wrong with the colors in it?

+Quote Post
Tomer Motahede
post May 1 2012, 07:27 AM
Post #30

Shift Noob

Member No.: 5,329

great set!!

+Quote Post
mcdronkz
post May 1 2012, 07:58 AM
Post #31

Wie dit leest is gek.

Member No.: 4,920
Car: Volkswagen Beetle 1960

QUOTE(larsen @ May 1 2012, 09:57 AM) *
I wouldn't have picked #6 as the best of the series either, though do like that shot. What's wrong with the colors in it?

They aren't appealing. Instead they look a bit dull, lifeless. Lifeless and dull is okay if the situation asks for it, but in this case it doesn't.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd October 2014 - 04:35 PM