> 2011 F1 tires
moe
post Apr 22 2010, 04:26 AM
Post #1

Posting God

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,451
Car: '13 Toyota 86

So what do you guys think is going to happen?

There's Pirelli, Avon, and Michelin. Kumho and Hankook are said to be interested as well. I think it'd be awesome if at least two companies got involved. Avon, Pirelli, and Michelin are only interested in getting involved if there's a rival company as well. Pirelli and Michelin also want the F1 teams to start using 18s, and pay them for tires. Haven't really heard anything about the Korean tires.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Bjorn
post Apr 22 2010, 05:05 AM
Post #2

Race Driver

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,080
Car: 2009 Subaru Legacy

I'm kinda a fan of the single manufacturer system. For a couple of years there when it was Bridgestone and Michelin, the Bridgestone teams might've well not even shown up, which kinda sucks.

+Quote Post
clarkma5
post Apr 22 2010, 07:46 AM
Post #3

Talkin' the talk since 2003

Group: Admin
Member No.: 27
Car: 2004 VW GTI 1.8T

Yeah it's really tough...it really blows with the two (or more) tire system when to win you HAVE to be on one and everyone on the other tire is screwed, regardless of how good their cars or drivers are otherwise...but you definitely gotta feel the manufacturer's pain as a single producer...they only get mentioned when things go wrong.

And I hope they don't go to 18s, that would look ridiculous. I think 15s should definitely happen though. Of course nobody is interested in doing that because it's too much work...damned tire manufacturers, they want it as easy as possible but they want to win, which, of course, is what everyone wants, but they seem to be given the freedom to do it.

+Quote Post
Dr. Strangelove
post Apr 22 2010, 02:53 PM
Post #4

VTEC yo!

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,309
Car: 2007 Honda S2000

QUOTE(Bjorn @ Apr 22 2010, 06:05 AM) *
I'm kinda a fan of the single manufacturer system. For a couple of years there when it was Bridgestone and Michelin, the Bridgestone teams might've well not even shown up, which kinda sucks.

I agree. There were days where it was like: Well it's hot so Bridgestone have the advantage so Ferrari will win. Then, its a bit cooler this weekend so a Michelin team will take it.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th November 2018 - 08:35 PM
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here