> UTI
BlackJack
post Sep 8 2009, 05:10 PM
Post #1

Audi Fanboy; Toyota Hateboy

Group: Members
Member No.: 560

Dear Thomas Hacker,

I am happy to inform you that you have been accepted into the 75 week, 106 credit Auto/Diesel/Industrial program (U00342) at Universal Technical Institute (UTI) in Norwood, MA starting 11/16/09.

We have successfully trained technicians for more than 40 years, and the quality of our graduates and their success in their chosen fields is a testament to the power of our programs. When you graduate on your scheduled date of 05/06/11, you too will be among the best of the best.

AWESOME!!! I got in fucking awesome!!! biggrin.gif:D
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Razor
post Sep 8 2009, 05:27 PM
Post #2

IT SLIDES!

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 3,670
Car: Volkswagen R32 Mk V

NORWOOD, MA?

There will be a PM in the near future.

Congrats!

+Quote Post
OHirtenfelder
post Sep 9 2009, 02:36 AM
Post #3

That guy that you know does what!

Member No.: 4,226
Car: 1971 BMW 2002, 2008 Audi A3 Sportback

Congrats man!

+Quote Post
Bjorn
post Sep 9 2009, 05:46 AM
Post #4

Race Driver

Member No.: 4,080
Car: 2009 Subaru Legacy

Less than a year and a half to become a certified mechanic?

Um why am I wasting my time building a writing career?

+Quote Post
fiber optic
post Sep 9 2009, 06:33 AM
Post #5

Living the dream

Member No.: 28
Car: Ford F-150, Mercury Grand Marquis, Volkswagen Beetle

Nice.

My wife's brother went to the Nashville Auto Diesel college which sounds similar to that. He went for paint and collision repair (and thus painted my Merc). DS_Naughty2.gif He graduated as valedictorian and now works at Alan Johnson Hot Rods.

The lesson here is:
Study hard and do well
Paint my car
Profit

+Quote Post
porsche944
post Sep 9 2009, 07:18 AM
Post #6

R.I.P. 944

Member No.: 84
Car: 1999 BMW M3

haha topic title leads one to believe that u came down with a urinary tract infection...

this is better, congrats

+Quote Post
Jacob Photo
post Sep 9 2009, 10:58 AM
Post #7

Pit Mechanic

Member No.: 4,999

Good luck! If you want to get a job straight out of school, I suggest 3 things:

1 - perfect attendance.
2 - bust your ass! If you don't get the "student of the semester" at least once a year and top 10% merit awards every quarter, you need to work harder
3 - get a job ASAP somewhere! Start as a lube tech, but you need to be around the dealership environment to know how they work. Pick the brains of the older techs around you.

Remember, only 1-in-20 or 1-in-30 who go to UTI will have a job in their first month out of school. You want to be that 1! I have a friend who went to UTI in Rancho out here in Socal, and he's a mastertech at Mercedes in less than 3 years.... but he busted his ass! He said that he majority of the people who were in his classes treated it like college and showed up half the time, showed up late, forgot their boots, etc etc etc... and now they're in debt 30k and don't have anything to show for it.

+Quote Post
one
post Sep 9 2009, 12:34 PM
Post #8

Race Driver

Member No.: 1,062
Car: Subaru Impreza WRX TR

QUOTE(Jacob Photo @ Sep 9 2009, 11:58 AM) *

1 - perfect attendance.
2 - bust your ass! If you don't get the "student of the semester" at least once a year and top 10% merit awards every quarter, you need to work harder
3 - get a job ASAP somewhere! Start as a lube tech, but you need to be around the dealership environment to know how they work. Pick the brains of the older techs around you.

Remember, only 1-in-30 or 1-in-30 who go to UTI will have a job in their first job out of school. You want to be that 1! I have a friend who went to UTI in Rancho out here in Socal, and he's a mastertech at Mercedes in less than 3 years.... but he busted his ass! He said that he majority of the people who were in his classes treated it like college and showed up half the time, showed up late, forgot their boots, etc etc etc... and now they're in debt 30k and don't have anything to show for it.

I don't know much, but this seems like mighty fine advice.

Good luck, and congratulations! You better bust your ass bro firedevil.gif

+Quote Post
Ozi
post Sep 9 2009, 12:39 PM
Post #9

Grease Monkey

Member No.: 2,767
Car: 2002 VW GTI 1.8T

nice man ! congrats . Btw is your last name really hacker smile.gif ?

+Quote Post
BlackJack
post Sep 9 2009, 03:09 PM
Post #10

Audi Fanboy; Toyota Hateboy

Member No.: 560

Thanks everyone! I'm really excited to get in and get started working on cars, trucks, and machines firedevil.gif

I definitely need to go through this since I fucked up back at RIT and I learned my lesson there. canadian.gif

QUOTE(Bjorn @ Sep 9 2009, 09:46 AM) *
Less than a year and a half to become a certified mechanic?

Um why am I wasting my time building a writing career?

Exactly. rolleyes.gif

QUOTE(fiber optic @ Sep 9 2009, 10:33 AM) *
Nice.

My wife's brother went to the Nashville Auto Diesel college which sounds similar to that. He went for paint and collision repair (and thus painted my Merc). DS_Naughty2.gif He graduated as valedictorian and now works at Alan Johnson Hot Rods.

The lesson here is:
Study hard and do well
Paint my car
Profit

Haha, 1st for sure, but I'm not gonna learn how to auto paint. Sorry bud, but nice try lol.

QUOTE(porsche944 @ Sep 9 2009, 11:18 AM) *
haha topic title leads one to believe that u came down with a urinary tract infection...

this is better, congrats

Yeah, after writing up the thread, I was like, I hope this isn't the other way around lol.

QUOTE(Jacob Photo @ Sep 9 2009, 02:58 PM) *

1 - perfect attendance.

Remember, only 1-in-20 or 1-in-30 who go to UTI will have a job in their first month out of school. You want to be that 1! I have a friend who went to UTI in Rancho out here in Socal, and he's a mastertech at Mercedes in less than 3 years.... but he busted his ass! He said that he majority of the people who were in his classes treated it like college and showed up half the time, showed up late, forgot their boots, etc etc etc... and now they're in debt 30k and don't have anything to show for it.

Yeah, those 3 things are what our tour guide told us. I will definitely do those 3 for sure. Well, her 3 was: Perfect attendance, professionalism, and neatness.

QUOTE(Ozi @ Sep 9 2009, 04:39 PM) *
nice man ! congrats . Btw is your last name really hacker smile.gif ?

Yeah, my last name really is Hacker haha. Many people think that I'm actually a real hacker and don't tell me their e-mail address or whatever lol

+Quote Post
nismo
post Sep 9 2009, 06:58 PM
Post #11

Only the Soul survives

Member No.: 813
Car: Honda

That's awesome! If I weren't so gay, I would have went to UTI in Orlando instead of pursuing elementary education at UCF. >_>

+Quote Post
UserDrew
post Sep 9 2009, 08:15 PM
Post #12

Latent racecar driver

Member No.: 1,455
Car: 2006 Slobalt, '65 Karmann Ghia

I once had a urinary tract infection. It hurt.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th October 2019 - 05:15 PM
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here