Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

8 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Are the Crankshafted guys ever gonna rejoin DS?
Mitlov
post Mar 23 2009, 11:05 PM
Post #41

Halfabusa lover

Group: Banned
Member No.: 1,525

QUOTE(Cyclone @ Mar 23 2009, 11:25 PM) *
I do want to point out this
Around the time I was banned, I hadn't posted anything of relevance in months. I do believe I may have mentioned something about DS being down in irc but saying it should "go to hell" was never something I said. I could produce logs to prove that if needed, I know you're a lawyer work at a law firm and love evidence... As far as phix getting banned, I don't know, I can't speak for him.

I was as blindsided as anybody with Ketan's whole "they want DS to go to hell" thing and him banning you for it. I had contacted Ketan when I got banned, and I had complained about some of the moderation, I don't deny that. But that whole part of it was as much of a surprise to me as it was to you. As for IRC, I've never once been on IRC and I actually don't know how to. Regardless, I don't care what was said on IRC because even if you had said that, and I don't have any reason to think you did, you never ever should have been banned or punished in any way for saying that.

Your message, although appreciated, didn't get anywhere as Ketan neither unbanned myself or Phix.

And that's too bad that he didn't do that, because he absolutely should have unbanned you. But what Ketan ultimately did is not the point I'm trying to make. The point I'm trying to make is that I'm not a guy who tried to get you banned from DS and is now dancing around in joy because the website you started is struggling. I fully realize that's probably what it looks like from a third-person perspective, but that's not where I'm coming from at all, which is why I'm trying to explain myself.

I feel like you're trying to become 'Mayor of Dieselstation' in a sense. One of your very first posts was about how you thought the moderators should be rethought or punished for not following the rules. See thread here: http://forums.dieselstation.com/index.php?showtopic=18308

I'd been on the forum for 14 months when I made that post. Not "one of my very first posts." And I don't see anything in that post about moderators being punished. "Recourse" as I meant it means that if you get suspended banned for no reason, you can say "I didn't break any rules" to another mod and they can verify that you didn't do anything wrong, and you get your account active again. Recourse as in appeal, not recourse as in retribution.

And no, I don't have any interest in being a moderator myself. Done that once before (on another forum) and I don't intend on ever doing it again.

It's good to see that you think I'm a douche as well. At least the feeling is mutual. But I have a feeling you grossly outdouche me by a lonnngggshot.

That's cool. What I was aiming for here is a healthy discussion forum, not a set of BFFs. And Dieselstation isn't healthy right now. Honestly, it's dying from a lack of decent regulars, which is the reason I started this thread.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Benny
post Mar 23 2009, 11:07 PM
Post #42

i like turtles

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,025
Car: 1993 Lexus LS400

QUOTE(Mitlov @ Mar 23 2009, 11:05 PM) *
Honestly, it's dying from a lack of decent regulars, which is the reason I started this thread.

fix us doctor mitlov boston.gif

+Quote Post
clarkma5
post Mar 23 2009, 11:12 PM
Post #43

Talkin' the talk since 2003

Group: Admin
Member No.: 27
Car: 2004 VW GTI 1.8T

I'll agree that this site lacks enough good regulars...but mitlov, I think you're a major reason behind that (not the only reason, but a major one).

Dakian, WRSX, and PBB all left before you really got going here too much, but I don't think any of them would tolerate you much. Cyclone and Phix have pretty blatantly said, both to you and to others, that you're a primary reason for them not wanting to be involved here and, frankly, I'd enjoy this forum a lot more if you weren't here. And I'm sure there's more.

Lastly, as noble as your attempts to steer DS back on track are, I don't think many people here want you to be in charge of that, or even involved.

+Quote Post
Mitlov
post Mar 23 2009, 11:15 PM
Post #44

Halfabusa lover

QUOTE(Phix @ Mar 23 2009, 11:53 PM) *
before you kept running to Ketan whenever some sort of drama flared up on the forums which you deemed 'harsh' and 'unacceptable'.

That happened once. Once. And it's because I got banned.

Maybe you feel others are victimized on the forums and you feel like you need to step up to "protect" them?

Yeah, I don't like some of the cliqueish-ness, but I'm certainly not the only person who has ever complained about that.

Maybe you just want to feel like you run things here.

You couldn't pay me to take a moderator position here.

Like you're the diplomat... the voice of the forums... some sort of role model member which others can look forward to or a representative of how the DS forum members are?

Uh...no.

I remember when none of that shit mattered; when it was a small forum composed of knowledgable and ill tempered assholes who loved talking about cars and talking shit about each other in jest... and sometimes with actual intent. But, that was just the name of the game. That was just how it was. Sure, we've ran members off here with pitchforks and fire... sure, we've all been douchebags and assholes towards others on the forums here. Sure, we shit on some members opinions cause we didn't particularly like them, or they were badge snobs, or poor spelling, or we just didn't like them. Period.

Now, I don't mean to sound nostalgic... all I'm saying is that it's starting to seem like somebody can't be an asshole, a prick, or just snark in general without you getting down their throats and dissecting what they've said. It's like you lack a sense of humor. You've essentially killed the happy go lucky nature of the forums. It's nothing but steel walls and grey skies rather than the flowery blood drenched fields it once was...

I've taken several long breaks from this forum. At least one was for over a year, if I recall correctly. If I singlehandedly destroyed DS, then why didn't things change back when I left the forums? Maybe you'd like to have one person to blame for the fact that nothing ever stays the same, but this one you can't blame on me.

That last point applies to Clarkma5 and Cyclone too.

+Quote Post
Cyclone
post Mar 23 2009, 11:17 PM
Post #45

Mmmm that feels nice.

Member No.: 2
Car: 2005 Mazda 3 S 2.3 Sedan

QUOTE(Mitlov @ Mar 24 2009, 03:15 AM) *
If I singlehandedly destroyed DS, then why didn't things change back when I left the forums? Maybe you'd like to have one person to blame for the fact that nothing ever stays the same, but this one you can't blame on me.

That last point applies to Clarkma5 and Cyclone too.

lol did you even look at my graph? smile.gif

+Quote Post
clarkma5
post Mar 23 2009, 11:18 PM
Post #46

Talkin' the talk since 2003

Member No.: 27
Car: 2004 VW GTI 1.8T

QUOTE(Mitlov @ Mar 24 2009, 12:15 AM) *
Maybe you'd like to have one person to blame for the fact that nothing ever stays the same, but this one you can't blame on me.

That's our mitlov, guiltless as always.

+Quote Post
Phix
post Mar 23 2009, 11:21 PM
Post #47

Banned

Member No.: 1,208
Car: N/A

QUOTE(clarkma5 @ Mar 24 2009, 03:12 AM) *
I'll agree that this site lacks enough good regulars...but mitlov, I think you're a major reason behind that (not the only reason, but a major one).

Dakian, WRSX, and PBB all left before you really got going here too much, but I don't think any of them would tolerate you much. Cyclone and Phix have pretty blatantly said, both to you and to others, that you're a primary reason for them not wanting to be involved here and, frankly, I'd enjoy this forum a lot more if you weren't here. And I'm sure there's more.

Lastly, as noble as your attempts to steer DS back on track are, I don't think many people here want you to be in charge of that, or even involved.

Yes, this is what I wanted to say BEFORE I turned into a rambling psychopath....

+Quote Post
Mitlov
post Mar 23 2009, 11:35 PM
Post #48

Halfabusa lover

QUOTE(clarkma5 @ Mar 24 2009, 12:12 AM) *

I'm gonna make your week. I'm going to leave DS. And just so you know that this is permanent, that I'm not going to pull an "I'm leaving...I'm back!", I want you to ban this account. That way I'm not tempted to return to DS to post on the forums out of habit, boredom, booze, or anything like that. I'll go do my thing and you guys can go about fixing DS from the damage I've apparently done, however you see fit. Good luck with that.

I am totally serious, by the way. I would like you to ban this account.

+Quote Post
Phix
post Mar 23 2009, 11:39 PM
Post #49

Banned

QUOTE(Mitlov @ Mar 24 2009, 03:35 AM) *
I'll go do my thing and you guys can go about fixing DS from the damage I've apparently done, however you see fit.

We're gonna need a bigger boat. :/

+Quote Post
Benny
post Mar 23 2009, 11:41 PM
Post #50

i like turtles

Member No.: 1,025
Car: 1993 Lexus LS400

+Quote Post
Cyclone
post Mar 23 2009, 11:46 PM
Post #51

Mmmm that feels nice.

QUOTE(Benny @ Mar 24 2009, 03:41 AM) *

+Quote Post
Phix
post Mar 23 2009, 11:56 PM
Post #52

Banned

I'm so fucking elated right now. Unbelievable. He's gone. He's actually gone. DieselStation can once again regain it's essential DNA. We can once more return to the aloof yet knowledgable posting spree...

It's great to be back. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
moe
post Mar 24 2009, 12:18 AM
Post #53

Posting God

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,451
Car: '13 Toyota 86

Why do I always miss all this? Fuck. Stupid time zones.

+Quote Post
Uwe
post Mar 24 2009, 12:35 AM
Post #54

Pit Mechanic

Member No.: 1,485
Car: Caterham Seven

Finally we got rid of this lawyer-ish bullshit.

+Quote Post
Phix
post Mar 24 2009, 12:38 AM
Post #55

Banned

QUOTE(Uwe @ Mar 24 2009, 04:35 AM) *
Finally we got rid of this lawyer-ish bullshit.

Uwe, you're the best. Did you know that? Well, now you know.

+Quote Post
Uwe
post Mar 24 2009, 12:40 AM
Post #56

Pit Mechanic

Member No.: 1,485
Car: Caterham Seven

blush.gif

+Quote Post
Razor
post Mar 24 2009, 01:52 AM
Post #57

IT SLIDES!

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 3,670
Car: Volkswagen R32 Mk V

Let me guess... I should shut the fuck up and lie low for a while?

+Quote Post
OHirtenfelder
post Mar 24 2009, 04:47 AM
Post #58

That guy that you know does what!

Member No.: 4,226
Car: 1971 BMW 2002, 2008 Audi A3 Sportback

So he is ACTUALLY gone now. Is this correct?

+Quote Post
Cyclone
post Mar 24 2009, 05:39 AM
Post #59

Mmmm that feels nice.

See Banned under his account? smile.gif

+Quote Post
Phix
post Mar 24 2009, 08:17 AM
Post #60

Banned

QUOTE(Razor @ Mar 24 2009, 05:52 AM) *
Let me guess... I should shut the fuck up and lie low for a while?

Course not.... you ass.

Now, your sister on the other hand... we can take those two things quite literally in that instance...

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd September 2018 - 08:38 AM