> lulz b00st, oh god...
eraser_rx
post Jan 20 2008, 03:06 PM
Post #21

Pit Mechanic

Group: Members
Member No.: 621
Car: 2004 Impreza RS

i suddenly feel that i'm in the same situation as b00st, except i have a worse car than him
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
clarkma5
post Jan 20 2008, 03:23 PM
Post #22

Talkin' the talk since 2003

Group: Admin
Member No.: 27
Car: 2004 VW GTI 1.8T

You're not. The thing about b00st that made him so laughable was his unwarranted amount of pride that he put into his mediocre car and his mediocre modifications.

+Quote Post
Zenix13
post Jan 20 2008, 04:56 PM
Post #23

Grease Monkey

Member No.: 4,021
Car: 2001 VW Golf

QUOTE(350Z @ Jan 20 2008, 03:53 PM) *
And not understanding inside jokes is the price you pay.

well i picked up what it is from something someone posted. gj at being useless lol

+Quote Post
911xx
post Jan 22 2008, 02:38 PM
Post #24

Banana

Member No.: 4,139
Car: '12 STI (blue)

I kind of remember reading topics of this guy when I was only reading this forum without being a member. Was he once posting pics of the Jetta saying 'hey I washed the beast today, yeah rock on, with some wax also' ?? That was a pleasant read.

+Quote Post
dukenukem
post Jan 22 2008, 03:17 PM
Post #25

**Snuggles**

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 166
Car: 2006 Subaru WRX STI

QUOTE(911xx @ Jan 22 2008, 04:38 PM) *
I kind of remember reading topics of this guy when I was only reading this forum without being a member. Was he once posting pics of the Jetta saying 'hey I washed the beast today, yeah rock on, with some wax also' ?? That was a pleasant read.

What is your ideal day with this car? Manů wake up early, wash and wax it, drive around on those back roads, then go out at night to meet up with all the crew from NCDubs for dinner. So fun.

+Quote Post
Mr b00st
post Mar 19 2008, 07:00 PM
Post #26

That Frigging BMW Driver

Member No.: 222
Car: 1997 BMW 328i

has anyone else here had their car featured on Vortex?

*crickets*

It's easy to criticize other people's work without actually doing shit. Especially over the internet. Especially when they're not around to defend themselves. Color me impressed!

there is quite a bit more done to the car than "springs and tint, lulz." (The car doesn't even have tint! Ignoramus!) If you actually knew what you were talking about, you would have a point. But uh... doesn't seem to be the case here. The car is unique because I would say about 5% of the aftermarket for the MKV is for the BGP/BGQ. So yeah, you're all very original and unique with your modified WRX's and Scions and Hondas. High fives all around.

This is the sort of douchebaggery i've come to expect from DS. The more things change, the more they stay the same.

And what is up with some of you n00b members who've never even met me talking shit?

and yes i'm aware this post comes out as "douchebaggey" but why don't you all take a look back through this thread and see how goddamn retarded you're all being?

Holy shit net ninjas... chill out.

thumbs_up.gif

+Quote Post
goota
post Mar 19 2008, 07:45 PM
Post #27

Race Driver

Member No.: 1,528
Car: 1991 Toyota 4Runner (22RE, 4WD)

its still a jetta lol. The only one being retarded is you. You know it would be completely fine if you modified and blah blah, but you do that and claim how amazing it makes the car and act as if youre some bigger person because you have this modified jetta and you know all these tiny minute ridiculous details. Just stop being an ass and realize no matter what you do to your car its still a sorority girl jetta.

+Quote Post
clarkma5
post Mar 19 2008, 08:19 PM
Post #28

Hey I don't wanna say that "it's just a Jetta". You could do something really cool and unique to it and it would be worth featuring on a car website or generally acting like it's the shit. It's just dumb that it's a featured car because it's had nothing particularly out of the ordinary done to it. It's got springs and rims and after that everything is just a handful of cheap-o personalized touches, and then b00st goes on and acts like he's got a pimp-ass ride. Well I'm sorry, it's not special, and you act like it is, and that's why this thread was made and that's why VWVortex was dumb for featuring you.

+Quote Post
Mr b00st
post Mar 19 2008, 09:17 PM
Post #29

That Frigging BMW Driver

yeah and unitronic engine software, a short shifter, a polyeurothane engine mount, a GTI rear sway bar, Koni FSD's are on the way as is a new head unit...

like i said, if you all knew what you were talking about, i would agree, it would be lame. But find another 2.5 on Vortex that has had the effort and creativity put into it like mine has.

+Quote Post
Mr b00st
post Mar 19 2008, 09:19 PM
Post #30

That Frigging BMW Driver

QUOTE(goota @ Mar 19 2008, 11:45 PM) *
its still a jetta lol. The only one being retarded is you. You know it would be completely fine if you modified and blah blah, but you do that and claim how amazing it makes the car and act as if youre some bigger person because you have this modified jetta and you know all these tiny minute ridiculous details. Just stop being an ass and realize no matter what you do to your car its still a sorority girl jetta.

just to clarify, i've never claimed my car was amazing. Unless you can find proof then i'll eat my words. Frankly the powertrain isn't all it could be, it's too heavy... but it's a damn good car for the price. All I've ever said was that the modifications done enhance the ownership experience, and they do. It is way more fun to drive than a normal 2.5, and i welcome anyone to come down to NC and test that out. It's not the fastest car out there (I'm aware) but I like it, and i've put my money, thought and creativity into it to make it mine. What have you done to your car?

+Quote Post
clarkma5
post Mar 19 2008, 09:41 PM
Post #31

QUOTE(Mr b00st @ Mar 19 2008, 10:17 PM) *
yeah and unitronic engine software, a short shifter, a polyeurothane engine mount, a GTI rear sway bar, Koni FSD's are on the way as is a new head unit...

I have three out of 6 of those things for the record and you don't see me crowing about it because it ain't worth crowing about!

Oooh new head unit. Half my friends's cars have aftermarket head units. Why can't you just deal with the fact that your car isn't as special as you wish it were? That's the reality the vast majority of us live with and we're a lot less obnoxious as a result.

And for the record, goota's integra is more interesting and well-thought-out than your car is, and you don't see it clogging up our forums. Fine, you like your car, and you even lavish a few choice mods on it. I do not begrudge you that, because I feel the same about my car. But you don't see me entering to be featured on VWVortex, and you don't see a new post in the user's rides forum everytime I top off the tank with premium.

+Quote Post
goota
post Mar 19 2008, 09:52 PM
Post #32

Race Driver

QUOTE(Mr b00st @ Mar 19 2008, 09:19 PM) *
just to clarify, i've never claimed my car was amazing. Unless you can find proof then i'll eat my words. Frankly the powertrain isn't all it could be, it's too heavy... but it's a damn good car for the price. All I've ever said was that the modifications done enhance the ownership experience, and they do. It is way more fun to drive than a normal 2.5, and i welcome anyone to come down to NC and test that out. It's not the fastest car out there (I'm aware) but I like it, and i've put my money, thought and creativity into it to make it mine. What have you done to your car?

And there you go again with your douchebaggery of trying to make it noticed that youre some superior being because you modify your car and they are "modifications which enhance the ownership experience".
What does it matter if I have done anything or nothing to my car, I dont whore my car out like phix on a street corner on friday night at least and I think I seem like less of a douchebag to people because of it.

+Quote Post
Mr b00st
post Mar 20 2008, 12:25 AM
Post #33

That Frigging BMW Driver

QUOTE(clarkma5 @ Mar 20 2008, 01:41 AM) *
I have three out of 6 of those things for the record and you don't see me crowing about it because it ain't worth crowing about!

Oooh new head unit. Half my friends's cars have aftermarket head units. Why can't you just deal with the fact that your car isn't as special as you wish it were? That's the reality the vast majority of us live with and we're a lot less obnoxious as a result.

And for the record, goota's integra is more interesting and well-thought-out than your car is, and you don't see it clogging up our forums. Fine, you like your car, and you even lavish a few choice mods on it. I do not begrudge you that, because I feel the same about my car. But you don't see me entering to be featured on VWVortex, and you don't see a new post in the user's rides forum everytime I top off the tank with premium.

when was the last time i posted about my car on these forums, exactly?

QUOTE(goota @ Mar 20 2008, 01:52 AM) *
And there you go again with your douchebaggery of trying to make it noticed that youre some superior being because you modify your car and they are "modifications which enhance the ownership experience".
What does it matter if I have done anything or nothing to my car, I dont whore my car out like phix on a street corner on friday night at least and I think I seem like less of a douchebag to people because of it.

gee, I don't know. This is a car forum, right? Where people talk about cars?

So you're saying umm... don't talk about cars in a car forum?

+Quote Post
goota
post Mar 20 2008, 01:33 AM
Post #34

Race Driver

...yes thats exactly what im saying. god damn you are thick.

+Quote Post
911xx
post Mar 20 2008, 04:40 AM
Post #35

Banana

Member No.: 4,139
Car: '12 STI (blue)

I'm so confused, I believe everyone's wrong in here. dry.gif

+Quote Post
Mr b00st
post Mar 20 2008, 05:04 AM
Post #36

That Frigging BMW Driver

QUOTE(goota @ Mar 20 2008, 05:33 AM) *
...yes thats exactly what im saying. god damn you are thick.

that's, you know... kind of dumb. Do we talk about unicorns then?

Actually though, I don't talk about shit. I remember why I left now. Theeeeeeeeeeee bullshit. Adios! smile.gif

+Quote Post
b0mb3r
post Mar 20 2008, 06:21 AM
Post #37

Member No.: 872
Car: MKV GTI

Damn, since your car has been featured on VWVortex, does that makes you better then the rest of us? I guess you feel a sense of entitlement because your car has been recognized by the establishment (in this case, VWVortex). And since you have received such negative reactions here; you automatically assume that we are jealous, when in fact there can be nothing further from the truth.

+Quote Post
dukenukem
post Mar 20 2008, 06:24 AM
Post #38

**Snuggles**

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 166
Car: 2006 Subaru WRX STI

So let me get this straight ... by this logic my car is automatically unique because Steel Gray Metallic was only available on 06 model AND was far from being the most popular colour behind Blue, black and white cars!
Respect me bitches!

+Quote Post
Benny
post Mar 20 2008, 06:57 AM
Post #39

i like turtles

Member No.: 1,025
Car: 1993 Lexus LS400

i have a 93 lexus ls400. ITS RARES
IT HAS CROSS DRILLED ROTARS STOPPING PWR FTMFW