Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Critiques Please - I need to step my game up!
Pendulum
post Apr 24 2012, 02:01 PM
Post #1

Shift Noob

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,025
Car: Just a couple of choppers

After taking a break for the last year, I'm going to start getting back into shooting cars. When I stepped away from the scene last year I was fairly happy with my photos, and I still am, but I'm struggling to get anywhere in terms of clients/booking work. So, in addition to some other things I'll be doing... I wanted to get some HONEST critiques of my work. I found this forum via a link to another thread from a friend, and I think I've found somewhere that can provide useful feedback lol.

I'm on lunch @ work right now, so I just pulled some of my best stuff from flickr. I have more stuff that's on the same level as what's below, but I don't want to overwhelm anyone by asking for 10 critiques.

A'right guys, let me have it. I put my big boy pants on, so I should be ready.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jacob Photo
post Apr 24 2012, 03:00 PM
Post #2

Pit Mechanic

Member No.: 4,999

I doubt that the quality of your images is the reason you aren't gaining clients. These all look pretty darn solid.

+Quote Post
Pendulum
post Apr 24 2012, 03:04 PM
Post #3

Shift Noob

QUOTE(Jacob Photo @ Apr 24 2012, 04:00 PM) *
I doubt that the quality of your images is the reason you aren't gaining clients. These all look pretty darn solid.

Thanks for the input. I'm sure I could improve somewhere, though.

I do know that one thing I lack on is marketing, which I'm going to start working on in the next few weeks. Just got some web development projects to wrap up first. Anyway, I don't want to derail my own thread lol.

+Quote Post
Seethegrim
post Apr 24 2012, 11:22 PM
Post #4

SeagramPearce

Member No.: 4,265
Car: Mazda 2

The secret is to keep shooting. Even if you're doing it for yourself. Look at the guys who are super busy. They're constantly trying new lighting, new angles, new things. You get clients while you're keeping busy. Then you'll look back a year later & realise you've got a ton of clients & still shooting. Never shoot, sit back, wait for the world to rotate, then wonder why nothing is happening in terms of getting clients.

+Quote Post
Pendulum
post Apr 25 2012, 08:10 AM
Post #5

Shift Noob

QUOTE(Seethegrim @ Apr 25 2012, 12:22 AM) *
The secret is to keep shooting. Even if you're doing it for yourself. Look at the guys who are super busy. They're constantly trying new lighting, new angles, new things. You get clients while you're keeping busy. Then you'll look back a year later & realise you've got a ton of clients & still shooting. Never shoot, sit back, wait for the world to rotate, then wonder why nothing is happening in terms of getting clients.

Thanks for the advice. Do you have anything to say about the images I posted?

Marketing myself better and shooting more are the two main things I was planning on working on once I get my camera back from Nikon. I also plan on sharpening my retouching skills.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th October 2017 - 11:44 AM