moe
post Apr 1 2009, 11:17 PM
Post #21

Posting God

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,451
Car: '13 Toyota 86

QUOTE(4wheelfreak @ Apr 2 2009, 05:26 AM) *
Moreover, you can get it riced out from the factory. I'd rather drive a 30 year old minivan.

"Riced" is debatable. Toyota does offer a pretty extensive range of performance parts available as dealer add-ons, which isn't unlike the Mini...you wouldn't call that riced would you?

Also a 30-year old minivan? Don't kid yourself.

QUOTE(caster @ Apr 2 2009, 08:10 AM) *
Its a decently priced cool coupe for those who first get their cars. My friend has a cleanly modded one with Rays G-Games wheels, hotchkis springs, shocks and sway bars, plus a couple of other mods, and his car actually handled very decently. Toyota offers a supercharger that adds a little more power, but if you're driving a stick a stage 0 turbo (or supercharger, my friend always talks about it) on this car is pretty quick and they can make some decent power. I agree with everyone that Toyota should actually make FUN cars to drive, but for what it is, this car is pretty cool..

In bold is the fundamental flaw in your argument. It is cool for what it is, which happens to be a Toyota...who haven't made anything cool (IS-F excepted) since the Celica and MR-S went out of production. In fact, the only thing it happens to be cool as, is a current Toyota. As anything else, it's just horribly bland and generic in every way.

The cool wall doesn't, IMO, take into account "cool for what it is," it's more of a "is it cool" in general. Also, we're looking at the stock car here, not your friend's modified car. Hell, TG proved you could modify a Lada and make it cool.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 13th December 2018 - 05:22 PM
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here