+Quote Post
Razor
post Oct 3 2010, 07:58 AM
Post #2

IT SLIDES!

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 3,670
Car: Volkswagen R32 Mk V

Reminds me somewhat of a Forte Koup... and that's a very good thing.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Diesel
post Oct 3 2010, 10:50 AM
Post #3

I'm bored.

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1
Car: 2006 Acura TSX

swing and a miss

+Quote Post
Synesthesia
post Oct 9 2010, 08:52 PM
Post #4

Race Driver

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,585

Looks alright I guess... that interior is painfully drab.

+Quote Post
green car driver
post Oct 23 2010, 06:15 AM
Post #5

Dirty Oil Filter

Member No.: 5,669

Pity there's nothing on the outside that says this car is an electric.

+Quote Post
moe
post Oct 23 2010, 07:26 AM
Post #6

Posting God

Member No.: 1,451

^ I don't know about you but I find car's that say "Hybrid" or "Electric" on the sides absolutely obnoxious.

+Quote Post
Razor
post Oct 23 2010, 12:08 PM
Post #7

IT SLIDES!

If he is, indeed, a real member and not a spammer, it previously said he has a Prius. His judgement is 100% nullified.

+Quote Post
shandyman5
post Oct 23 2010, 01:18 PM
Post #8

LSX LOL

Member No.: 4,781
Car: 2002 Ford Mustang GT/99 Subaru Outback

QUOTE(Razor @ Oct 23 2010, 04:08 PM) *
If he is, indeed, a real member and not a spammer, it previously said he has a Prius. His judgement is 100% nullified.

True auto enthusiasts drive Prius's...

Razor- They are loaded with technology.... doesn't that mean you automatically love it. thumbs_up.gif Raspberry.gif

+Quote Post
Razor
post Oct 23 2010, 05:01 PM
Post #9

IT SLIDES!

QUOTE(shandyman5 @ Oct 23 2010, 05:18 PM) *

Razor- They are loaded with technology.... doesn't that mean you automatically love it. thumbs_up.gif Raspberry.gif

TDI is where it's at.

+Quote Post
shandyman5
post Oct 23 2010, 06:22 PM
Post #10

LSX LOL

QUOTE(Razor @ Oct 23 2010, 09:01 PM) *
TDI is where it's at.

Indeed! Also, this is shocking but I am in LOVE with the MKVI GTi. I honestly am seriously considering dumping the cobra or m3 idea and getting one. head.gif VAG syndrome from this forum has infected me.

+Quote Post
dukenukem
post Oct 23 2010, 07:29 PM
Post #11

**Snuggles**

Member No.: 166
Car: 2006 Subaru WRX STI

QUOTE(shandyman5 @ Oct 23 2010, 09:22 PM) *
Indeed! Also, this is shocking but I am in LOVE with the MKVI GTi. I honestly am seriously considering dumping the cobra or m3 idea and getting one. head.gif VAG syndrome from this forum has infected me.

Goddamnit. You started off on the right foot by baiting Razor and now you are VW nutswinger. Son, I am disappoint.

tongue.gif

+Quote Post
shandyman5
post Oct 23 2010, 07:47 PM
Post #12

LSX LOL

QUOTE(dukenukem @ Oct 23 2010, 11:29 PM) *
Goddamnit. You started off on the right foot by baiting Razor and now you are VW nutswinger. Son, I am disappoint.

tongue.gif

I know... (tying the noose for suicide) biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
moe
post Oct 23 2010, 09:38 PM
Post #13

Posting God

QUOTE(shandyman5 @ Oct 24 2010, 01:18 AM) *

That statement is so full of win!

QUOTE(shandyman5 @ Oct 24 2010, 06:22 AM) *

Eh, I can get on board with that. Not a fan of the old Cobras, though an E46 M3 would be pretty sick.

If you're considering the GTI 6, you should also be looking at the '11 Mustang V6.

+Quote Post
shandyman5
post Oct 24 2010, 05:43 AM
Post #14

LSX LOL

QUOTE(moe @ Oct 24 2010, 01:38 AM) *
That statement is so full of win!

Eh, I can get on board with that. Not a fan of the old Cobras, though an E46 M3 would be pretty sick.

If you're considering the GTI 6, you should also be looking at the '11 Mustang V6.

As both a big Mustang owner and enthusiast, getting the V6 is sort of like blasphemy. Yes I know it is pretty damn quick, yes I know it is cheaper. But, when you buy a Mustang or a Camaro or even that pig thing known as a Challenger, you just have to get the V8, its like an unwritten code in a sense.

The E46 is an awesome car! Period. With the exception of not having hydraulic lifters it is pretty much flawless.

When it comes to the Mustang, I am VERY picky. I only like the last generation Fox Bodies. I am not a fan of the body style that MustangAficianado has (even though his car is pretty stout with the exception of the automatic Raspberry.gif ). I love the body style I have known as a New Edge. I HATE the 05-09 body stlye, but for some reason I absolutely love the 10-present body.

The 03-04 Cobras are truly unbelievable cars. The go against the grain that was everything mustang and that is why I love it. Not to mention the fact that even by today's standards it is incredibly quick. With approximately 1000 dollars in modifications, your beating LS3 Corvettes.

+Quote Post
moe
post Oct 24 2010, 07:02 AM
Post #15

Posting God

Chevy kinda left the unwritten rule about V8s and muscle cars for dead when they launched the Camaro. Ford, and now Dodge have followed suit. TBH, if I were in the market, I don't think I'd even bother with the V8s. They just launched the V6 Mustang for the first time ever, AND with a manual. My new ad agency also does the Ford account, so I can score a discount. The 'Stang V6 is looking very likely as my next car. Though I'm not sure I want a car that big, I love the size of my car. It's barely bigger than a Yaris.

+Quote Post
shandyman5
post Oct 24 2010, 07:08 AM
Post #16

LSX LOL

QUOTE(moe @ Oct 24 2010, 11:02 AM) *
Chevy kinda left the unwritten rule about V8s and muscle cars for dead when they launched the Camaro. Ford, and now Dodge have followed suit. TBH, if I were in the market, I don't think I'd even bother with the V8s. They just launched the V6 Mustang for the first time ever, AND with a manual. My new ad agency also does the Ford account, so I can score a discount. The 'Stang V6 is looking very likely as my next car.

Dubai must be different, then the US because we have had the V6 forever (manual or not), and in the US we to this day still have that unwritten code about V8>V6. If on chooses to own an automatic muscle car, one must choose to kill themselves. The new 5.0 is so full of win.

+Quote Post
moe
post Oct 24 2010, 11:33 AM
Post #17

Posting God

^ The V6 has never had over 300hp before though...

Also, most muscle cars I've ever come across have been auto...here and Stateside.

+Quote Post
shandyman5
post Oct 24 2010, 11:53 AM
Post #18

LSX LOL

QUOTE(moe @ Oct 24 2010, 03:33 PM) *
^ The V6 has never had over 300hp before though...

Also, most muscle cars I've ever come across have been auto...here and Stateside.

Tried to google the amount of sales for a stick vs. an auto and had little luck.

I certainly cannot speak nation wide, but on all three mustang forums I am on plus the local Mustang meets I go to, I would say 85% of the cars in those places are manual.

Moe, your certainly right, the Mustang has never had 300hp from the V6, which is an awesome accomplishment. I guess at the end of the day you just have nothing more than a Mustang V6 in my opinion The GT is just legendary... and it can come with things like the Brembo package etc. Lets not forget that oh so sexy V8 rumble as well, one of the best V8 sounds ever.

+Quote Post
misnblu
post Oct 27 2010, 01:30 PM
Post #19

Mr. Blue

Member No.: 5,819
Car: 1986 Porsche 944 V

I'm more into the V8's in the Ferrari's because they know how to do a V8 right.
Having lived with America's V8's for 40+ years, you grow tired of the drone unless it's cammed in which it then can be a symphony to the ears.
The early edition Mustangs with the 5.0 had a very nice roll to their sound which still has not been duplicated. Since I've not heard the latest 2011 V8 Mustangs, that could change but todays new V6 engines will be yesterdays V8's.
I think the newest Mustang reaffirms this logic with its new found hp and times that are close to the older GT's of previous years.

But onto the topic at hand, I love the car pictured in the first post.
I did not realize that it was an electric car. Very nicely done and I really don't think that the interior is that drab. Maybe with my cars that are 10 years and above n age, the new interiors are much nicer for sure. Owning econobox cars don't help the matter much either but I like this car.
Ummm, is something like this coming to the States?

+Quote Post
shandyman5
post Oct 27 2010, 01:53 PM
Post #20

LSX LOL

QUOTE(misnblu @ Oct 27 2010, 05:30 PM) *
I'm more into the V8's in the Ferrari's because they know how to do a V8 right.
Having lived with America's V8's for 40+ years, you grow tired of the drone unless it's cammed in which it then can be a symphony to the ears.
The early edition Mustangs with the 5.0 had a very nice roll to their sound which still has not been duplicated. Since I've not heard the latest 2011 V8 Mustangs, that could change but todays new V6 engines will be yesterdays V8's.
I think the newest Mustang reaffirms this logic with its new found hp and times that are close to the older GT's of previous years.

But onto the topic at hand, I love the car pictured in the first post.
I did not realize that it was an electric car. Very nicely done and I really don't think that the interior is that drab. Maybe with my cars that are 10 years and above n age, the new interiors are much nicer for sure. Owning econobox cars don't help the matter much either but I like this car.
Ummm, is something like this coming to the States?

To me their are few and far between V8's that don't do their job just right for their application. I love the sound of every V8 from a Ferrari to a Camaro, and I feel there is not another sound that sounds as sexy as the V8 engine (perhaps some V12's).

I do not think a Mustang or Camaro or whatever Small block needs to be cammed to sound good IMHO. Pipes do make a great difference however!

The mustang's V6 has been modernized to run what it brung against the SN95 models in both 5.slo form or 4.6L form. The new 5.0 however is just cherry when it comes to performance and sound. I still prefer the 4.6L DOHC S/C in the Terminator Cobra though! thumbs_up.gif

To each his own.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd October 2019 - 06:36 PM
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here