Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Chrysler PT Cruiser
Select an option
Which Cup is it most closely related to?
Stanely Cup [Frozen] [ 1 ] ** [2.63%]
World Cup [Cool] [ 5 ] ** [13.16%]
Tea Cup [Uncool] [ 7 ] ** [18.42%]
Pee Cup [Disgustingly Uncool] [ 25 ] ** [65.79%]
Total Votes: 38

Pinecone
post May 16 2006, 05:33 PM
Post #1

Pit Mechanic

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,057
Car: 1999 Subaru Outback

This piece of crap is a disgrace to automotive design. From 20 grand you get a dinky little 150 HP 2.4 Liter engine. Not only that, your knees get red marks from being pushed hard against the cheap plastic interior that the Americans call "Luxury". The curves make me want to puke, and everything in it is like a nightmare. I bet it handles like a horse and carriage, just like the design was based on. It doesnt grow on people, people buy it because they feel sorry for this abomination.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
PBB
post May 16 2006, 06:48 PM
Post #2

Aeternum vale

Member No.: 636

How about you post some real specs and save your silly unfounded bashing for the first reply? Making this thread already in the very uncool section wasn't funny either.

World Cup for me. I love the styling, it's 30's panel van meets station wagon, this new facelifted version looks even better. True, it's not particularly powerful nor sporty but for a cheap economy wagon, it's a contender.

+Quote Post
CRiZO
post May 16 2006, 07:09 PM
Post #3

A little about me...

Member No.: 1,973

I love how it was written by somebody that admits to never have driven one (probably meaning they've never been in one)

+Quote Post
Phix
post May 16 2006, 07:59 PM
Post #4

Banned

Member No.: 1,208
Car: N/A

I hated it at first but it did kind of grow on me. First time I ever saw one I thought it was the ugliest piece of shit ever. Now it's pretty average... maybe I've gotten used to them. Still, the convertible is about a billion times uglier. :o

I'm not going to vote since I've never actually been in one and only seen them from the outside.

+Quote Post
CRiZO
post May 16 2006, 08:04 PM
Post #5

A little about me...

Member No.: 1,973

I heard the turbo version moves pretty good *shrug* I mean its like a 2.3 liter turbo or something, I don't see how it wouldn't.

+Quote Post
Phix
post May 16 2006, 08:06 PM
Post #6

Banned

QUOTE(CRiZO @ May 17 2006, 12:04 AM) *
I heard the turbo version moves pretty good *shrug* I mean its like a 2.3 liter turbo or something, I don't see how it wouldn't.

Well, it's 3101lbs. Add in a person and a full tank of gas as well as any other "luxuries" and 220hp and 245ft/lb doesn't seem that impressive anymore.

+Quote Post
trail_boss2
post May 16 2006, 09:02 PM
Post #7

Race Driver

Member No.: 124

I fucking hate this car. My girlfriends brother had one up unil about 2 weeks ago, they traded it in for that newest ugly Dodge whatever its called.

Anyways, Ive ridden in it and was offered to drive it but I didnt even have an ounce of urge to drive this piece. From the outside, my impression is a disgusting failure of what seems to be an attempt at either a stylish station wagon or a stylish retro style car. From the outside the car looks like you may have quite a bit of room to move around inside and be comfortable. Not the case, as you are inside the car you are cramped, no matter what seat or position you are in. The interior styling sucks a mexicans balls dribbled in mustard (I fucking hate mustard). The controls are set up like shit and its ugly as the rest of the mobile turd. Its slow, dog fucking slow. I really feel that my 4 cyl auto tranny ford ranger could beat it in a race. The turbo model Im not sure about but I still coudnt expect much.

edit: oh and after looking at the pics above I was reminded about the worst thing of the entire car. THAT FUCKING SHIFTER/KNOB PISSES ME OFF SO FUCKING BAD. Whoever put that fucking thing in there should be beat with the ball end of it.

+Quote Post
Phix
post May 16 2006, 09:19 PM
Post #8

Banned

QUOTE(trail_boss2 @ May 17 2006, 01:02 AM) *
I fucking hate this car. My girlfriends brother had one up unil about 2 weeks ago, they traded it in for that newest ugly Dodge whatever its called.

Anyways, Ive ridden in it and was offered to drive it but I didnt even have an ounce of urge to drive this piece. From the outside, my impression is a disgusting failure of what seems to be an attempt at either a stylish station wagon or a stylish retro style car. From the outside the car looks like you may have quite a bit of room to move around inside and be comfortable. Not the case, as you are inside the car you are cramped, no matter what seat or position you are in. The interior styling sucks a mexicans balls dribbled in mustard (I fucking hate mustard). The controls are set up like shit and its ugly as the rest of the mobile turd. Its slow, dog fucking slow. I really feel that my 4 cyl auto tranny ford ranger could beat it in a race. The turbo model Im not sure about but I still coudnt expect much.
edit: oh and after looking at the pics above I was reminded about the worst thing of the entire car. THAT FUCKING SHIFTER/KNOB PISSES ME OFF SO FUCKING BAD. Whoever put that fucking thing in there should be beat with the ball end of it.

You hate mustard... you HATE MUSTARD?! WHATK IND OF DEMETNED SICK IDIOT ARE YOU?! YOU FREAK!

Honey mustard is pretty tasty. biggrin.gif

Also, I agree with the shifter.

+Quote Post
trail_boss2
post May 16 2006, 09:30 PM
Post #9

Race Driver

Member No.: 124

lol I dunno what it is but the sight of mustard makes me sick, the smell bleh the taste double whammy bleh

+Quote Post
Phix
post May 16 2006, 09:37 PM
Post #10

Banned

QUOTE(trail_boss2 @ May 17 2006, 01:30 AM) *
lol I dunno what it is but the sight of mustard makes me sick, the smell bleh the taste double whammy bleh

Well, dijon mustard is pretty freaking nasty. But the normal yellow mustard and honey mustard are very tasty.

+Quote Post
Cyclone
post May 16 2006, 09:52 PM
Post #11

Mmmm that feels nice.

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2
Car: 2005 Mazda 3 S 2.3 Sedan

Probably the most boring car ever made. I seriously don't notice them on the road unless it's some asshole driving it with flame stickers or something. My dad likes this car, nuff said.

+Quote Post
Mitlov
post May 16 2006, 11:15 PM
Post #12

Halfabusa lover

Group: Banned
Member No.: 1,525

Nice objective write-up there. I especially like your comments about what "the Americans" would think. Classy. [/sarcasm]

Anyway, I give this car a cool. I personally don't really like it's style, but it's a compact five-door with an available turbocharged engine, and that's cool. And the fact that they did something radically different with the styling is cool. It's "love it or hate it," and while it's not my personal favorite, I respect that DCX went out on a limb with this one. And a lot of people do really like it.

Like the original poster, I haven't driven one and don't know how it handles. Unlike the original poster, I didn't factor in baseless assumptions about it's handling into my decision.

+Quote Post
Cyclone
post May 17 2006, 02:28 AM
Post #13

Mmmm that feels nice.

QUOTE(Mitlov @ May 17 2006, 03:15 AM) *
Nice objective write-up there. I especially like your comments about what "the Americans" would think. Classy. [/sarcasm]

Anyway, I give this car a cool. I personally don't really like it's style, but it's a compact five-door with an available turbocharged engine, and that's cool. And the fact that they did something radically different with the styling is cool. It's "love it or hate it," and while it's not my personal favorite, I respect that DCX went out on a limb with this one. And a lot of people do really like it.

Like the original poster, I haven't driven one and don't know how it handles. Unlike the original poster, I didn't factor in baseless assumptions about it's handling into my decision.

You know posts like these really make you look like a complete asshole.

+Quote Post
PBB
post May 17 2006, 02:38 AM
Post #14

Aeternum vale

Member No.: 636

How's that? The way pinecone presented this car was completely assinine and making the thread in already in the "Disgustingly Uncool" section was complete bullshit.

+Quote Post
adman31
post May 17 2006, 12:23 PM
Post #15

Grease Monkey

Member No.: 890

I have always hated it because it looks like a Hearse.

+Quote Post
Mitlov
post May 17 2006, 01:03 PM
Post #16

Halfabusa lover

QUOTE(Cyclone @ May 17 2006, 03:28 AM) *
You know posts like these really make you look like a complete asshole.

Why? Because I called out Pinecone for not providing ANY objective information on the car, instead just ranting about it? Or for saying asinine things like "the cheap plastic interior that the Americans call "Luxury""? Since when did anyone claim this was a luxury car? It starts at $15,125 (not $20k as the original poster claimed). No one pretends that a $15k car is a luxury car. And I have no idea what the whole "the Americans" thing is about.

Am I an asshole for calling him out for making claims about the handling, when he's never driven one himself and he's not citing to any road test of one? If that's not a "baseless assumption," tell me what is.

Or am I a complete asshole because I like turbocharged five-doors?

Or am I a complete asshole because I applauded them for doing something radically different style-wise?

Or am I a complete asshole for pointing out the uncontestible fact that this car DOES have a fan base? Sure, that fan base is generally middle-aged and lives in places like Missouri and New Jersey. But Pinecone's assertion that nobody actually likes this car--that they just buy it out of pity--is absurd.

Tell me what about my post makes me a complete asshole.

+Quote Post
Mitlov
post May 17 2006, 01:40 PM
Post #17

Halfabusa lover

QUOTE(Phix @ May 16 2006, 09:06 PM) *
Well, it's 3101lbs. Add in a person and a full tank of gas as well as any other "luxuries" and 220hp and 245ft/lb doesn't seem that impressive anymore.

The PT Cruiser GT actually makes 230hp and 245 ft-lbs, and weighs 3471 lbs. For comparison:

The WRX wagon makes 230hp, 235 ft-lbs, and weighs 3252 lbs (3294 with the Limited package).
The A3 makes 200hp, 207 ft-lbs, and weighs 3263 lbs.

The PT Cruiser GT doesn't set any new records for power-to-weight ratio, but I don't think it embarasses itself either in the market of sporty five-door family haulers. It certainly knocks the socks off cars like the Matrix XRS.

+Quote Post
Cyclone
post May 17 2006, 02:15 PM
Post #18

Mmmm that feels nice.

QUOTE(Mitlov @ May 17 2006, 05:03 PM) *
Why? Because I called out Pinecone for not providing ANY objective information on the car, instead just ranting about it? Or for saying asinine things like "the cheap plastic interior that the Americans call "Luxury""? Since when did anyone claim this was a luxury car? It starts at $15,125 (not $20k as the original poster claimed). No one pretends that a $15k car is a luxury car. And I have no idea what the whole "the Americans" thing is about.

Am I an asshole for calling him out for making claims about the handling, when he's never driven one himself and he's not citing to any road test of one? If that's not a "baseless assumption," tell me what is.

Or am I a complete asshole because I like turbocharged five-doors?

Or am I a complete asshole because I applauded them for doing something radically different style-wise?

Or am I a complete asshole for pointing out the uncontestible fact that this car DOES have a fan base? Sure, that fan base is generally middle-aged and lives in places like Missouri and New Jersey. But Pinecone's assertion that nobody actually likes this car--that they just buy it out of pity--is absurd.

Tell me what about my post makes me a complete asshole.

You're just proving my point with this post.

+Quote Post
TexanBerettaGT
post May 17 2006, 02:35 PM
Post #19

Pit Mechanic

Member No.: 937

I've never driven, or ridden in one of these, but I think I may go test drive one. Not that I would buy one, but for the experience. It's not a regular car, and for that it should get some compensation. Its semi sporty looking, reminds me of the old Surfer wagons, especially with the wood trim package. From what I've heard they run high 15's, low 16's if memory serves, not quick by anymeans, but respectable for a four door.

+Quote Post
Dr. Strangelove
post May 17 2006, 03:06 PM
Post #20

VTEC yo!

Member No.: 2,309
Car: 2007 Honda S2000

When it first came out I hated it. Then it grew on me. Now that I am a valet and I drive one everyday, I hate it again. The turbo is the most overpowered car ever. Let me explain. That much power going through an automatic transmission, to one front wheel, being held into place by a suspension that is that soft, in a car that is that heavy = a bad car. I gave the car an uncool.

Oh and BTW World cup is way cooler then Stanley (<correct spelling) cup.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Closed TopicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd November 2017 - 04:04 PM