> Rules
Flaw
post Oct 15 2009, 09:51 PM
Post #1

I am de Law

Group: Local Moderators
Member No.: 1,802

• One wallpaper per thread

This is mostly for organization. In order to make it easier for our members to find a wallpaper they might've forgotten about, the first post of a wallpaper thread is much easier to look through than a bunch of posts in a single long thread. There will be exceptions to this rule, like dual-screen wallpapers, or edits of the same wallpaper...but for now we'll go with this. The thread title should specify the car model, or at least some key word if the subject is not automotive. (As long as it's not "MY LATEST WALLPAPER! ENJOY")

• 1600x1200 or larger for FS | 1920x1200 or larger for WS

Widescreen is preferred since it can be cropped to FS, but please keep the resolution at least 1200 vertically. Considering that some members have 2560x1600 these days, this should be a minimum. Posting resolutions this high is risky since people may steal them, but there are no rules against watermarks in case you're afraid of having your work stolen. We may also make this subforum members-only to keep it exclusive to DS, and to limit number of prying eyes.

• Stickied Sets

For photogs that host their own wallpaper section, we will sticky their gallery. If there are too many stickies, we'll round 'em all up into a single thread of sets with links and credit to each photog.

• 640px or smaller thumbnails

Just common sense to not post 1920px images on forums, but 640 seems to be just large enough to get a decent amount of detail. Please don't use tiny imageshack preview thumbnails tongue.gif

• Links to full sets

If the wallpaper is part of a full set, please link to the 'shoot in the main photography section!

• Watermarking

Don't complain about watermarks if a photographer decides to use them, you're getting awesome wallpapers for free.

------

Feel free to discuss these rules and we'll edit them accordingly.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
porsche944
post Oct 16 2009, 08:05 AM
Post #2

R.I.P. 944

Group: Members
Member No.: 84
Car: 1999 BMW M3

I think it should be one set or car per thread, rather than one picture
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post