Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

14 Pages V  « < 12 13 14  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Stolen photos, If you see a photo you suspect is stolen, post it here!
MaTBoY
post May 11 2012, 11:33 PM
Post #261

Grease Monkey

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,191
Car: Mitsubishi Evolution VII

hahaha the watermark is forge. The Ironing is delicous.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Timr
post Jun 7 2012, 10:43 PM
Post #262

Shift Noob

Member No.: 5,087
Car: Modified Miata

http://www.meganracing.com/product_detail....85&catid=86

I'm not quite on the DS level of being a photog, but I work every day towards improving and learning. It is still my photo I may not be a famous photog, but I sure am tired of people using my photos with out crediting me. I had one not to long ago pop up on mazda and mazda fitment facebook group pg's, 1500+ likes, not one of those 1500 people knew I took that picture..

In the link above the roller on the very left is used for advertisement of Megan Racings coil overs... I lurk this thread occasionally, never I thought I would be the one with the stolen photo a couple years ago, I just read through the whole thing and this is what I have come up with.

Here is what I have so far I need some help I never have approached this before... Should I submit an email saying this, or contact my lawyer who is a pretty powerful figure. Its a hassle, to contact him though, hes a friend of a friend, type deal. Here is the email I wrote up again, any help would be greatly appreciated. Also I wouldn't mind scoring a set of their coil-overs on top of the invoice if anyone has any ideas how to state that.. Seeing I do have a Miata lol, thanks in advance guys. I was thinking maybe a PS I am a huge fan of your products, any extra compensation is welcome. Also I don't want to over price my photo but, it's hard to judge, I'd prefer not to have to take legal action(I'll go there if I have to)

Dear _______,

Thank you for using my image, the rolling shot of the blue Miata, which is being used to advertise your product (EZ Street coil-overs) on your web page. I am flattered you appreciated my photo enough to use for your advertisement, and would be more then happy to send you more images for use on your website if needed. However, those images are made with my heart, sweat and soul. In usual cases, I would be charging you a licensing fee and statuatory damages. I am willing to understand your oversight of using my image without my permission. Since you found my first image with in standards for use of advertising, I am also willing to offer you a discount on any other license fees for any further images you intend to use. I am also willing to extend the 2nd year licensing to you free of charge as a gesture of goodwill.. Attached below low is an invoice of xxx-x USD; Payment greater than 30 days constitutes copyright infringement and I will instruct my lawyer to issue a cease and decease letter, as you have used my photograph for commercial reasons.

+Quote Post
SC David
post Jun 9 2012, 04:36 PM
Post #263

Grease Monkey

Member No.: 6,775
Car: 2013 Scion FR-S

Yikes, that's no good. I think the approach you've taken is a good one. I might even wait to say that you have a lawyer, and just wait to hear back from them first before you say anything remotely threatening. If they tell you to fuck off, or if you don't hear from them, then it's time to whip out the big guns. But in my experience, I find you accomplish much more when you approach the infringing party in an amicable way.

Mr. GF Williams, someone liked your Veyron in the tunnel enough to use it in a advertisement... http://www.goldrushrally.com/content.php?2...-Silver-Sponsor

+Quote Post
ekkoj
post Jun 10 2012, 07:41 PM
Post #264

Grease Monkey

Member No.: 4,982
Car: 06 VW Golf

A bit down on this page i found a gtr-picture i think belongs to someone on here.

http://designsidea.com/desktop-wallpapers/#

+Quote Post
Carlson
post Jun 21 2012, 02:42 AM
Post #265

Dirty Oil Filter

Member No.: 7,087

Ahahahahaha! Stolen Huh!

+Quote Post
e2blade
post Jul 31 2012, 03:07 PM
Post #266

Shift Noob

Member No.: 7,003
Car: Nissan 240sx

I had a feeling I'd make it in this thread.

Points for me.

And points for me for ACTUALLY REPLYING.

+Quote Post
Costas
post Aug 28 2012, 08:43 PM
Post #267

Grease Monkey

Member No.: 4,294
Car: 01 S2000 / 04 ZX10R

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Oracal-970RA-Gloss...r#ht_5293wt_954

Not even gonna bother -__-

+Quote Post
Erppa
post Jan 11 2014, 05:24 AM
Post #268

Shift Noob

Member No.: 5,907
Car: C5...

Tadaa

+Quote Post
Brent B
post Jan 12 2014, 10:32 AM
Post #269

Grease Monkey

Member No.: 7,473

^^Absolutely love that shot, dude! Too bad about the stealing though. sad.gif

+Quote Post
Erppa
post Jan 12 2014, 11:02 PM
Post #270

Shift Noob

Member No.: 5,907
Car: C5...

Thx for the support smile.gif I am taking screen shots for few weeks and then sending them a tiny invoice.

+Quote Post
Blue Devil
post Apr 9 2014, 07:03 AM
Post #271

Anda a freir monos en la sarten de palos.

Member No.: 3,612
Car: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS IBM

So this one just went down:

I will be calling today and figure out what department needs to get my invoice.

+Quote Post
Guest_jimmyjjohn_*
post Jul 23 2014, 10:39 PM
Post #272

Guests

I'm new and suck as a photographer, but the few things I have had featured I take a lot of pride in. I vote sticky.

Cyprus Wedding Photography

+Quote Post

14 Pages V  « < 12 13 14
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th September 2017 - 03:50 AM