Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Volkswagen R32 Mk V, U.S. Spec Version - 2008
2008 Volkswagen R32 Mk V
How cool is the U.S. version of the Mk V R32?
Cool [ 14 ] ** [46.67%]
Neutral [ 11 ] ** [36.67%]
Uncool [ 5 ] ** [16.67%]
Total Votes: 30
Guests cannot vote 
b0mb3r
post Oct 21 2009, 09:20 AM
Post #21

Group: Members
Member No.: 872
Car: MKV GTI

DSG only transmission killed for me, otherwise I would be driving one right now. It puzzles me why they did not offer it with a manual...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
speedyK
post Nov 20 2009, 03:49 PM
Post #22

Incurable petrolhead

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,466
Car: Oh yes!

QUOTE(b0mb3r @ Oct 21 2009, 06:20 PM) *
DSG only transmission killed for me, otherwise I would be driving one right now. It puzzles me why they did not offer it with a manual...

And, conversely, if I find one in blue with DSG (manual is available in Europe), sunroof and the Recaro seats, I will probably not be able to resist.
Oh, those seats!

Probably all the car you need for 9 out of 10 drives. And probably as much fun/satisfying/comfortable/reliable as most other cars in 8 out of 10 driving situations.

Not the best track toy but you could still do it - and enjoy it.

Not the best back roads blaster but still fun.

Not the best continent-eating Gran Turismo, but few will get you there quicker or more comfortably.

Not the best load carrier, but it is still a Golf, so practicality is its middle name.

Not the biggest crowd-puller in the looks department but do you always need that?

A pedestrian car-ignoramus will not notice anything different about this "family box" (unless you rev it a little biggrin.gif ).

A car-driving car-ignoramus will not notice anything different about this "family box" (unless you overtake him DS_Naughty2.gif ).

Informed anti-car types will say it is pointlessly wasteful a 1.4 diesel in the same body does a perfectly acceptable job.

Many petrolheads will criticise it for being a heavy, thirsty lump and rightly point out that it's nothing special to look at.

On the basis of all that, I wouldn't say it was cool but personally I'm still very tempted thumbs_up.gif

+Quote Post
clarkma5
post Nov 20 2009, 04:05 PM
Post #23

Talkin' the talk since 2003

Group: Admin
Member No.: 27
Car: 2004 VW GTI 1.8T

Yeah this car definitely does a good job of ticking the "this car does everything" box...I used to really love that in cars, these days I'm more annoyed by compromise, but I still respect it a lot. I still hate the lack of a manual option in the US (VW has a really nice 6-speed in their A-chassis cars, and they have for nearly a decade) and I wish those seats were available in the US (though the ones that we DO get are very nice...if only they were available in cloth).

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd July 2018 - 09:47 AM