Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Cadillac CTS-V Race Car, 56k Warning
Guest_PAULIE_D_*
post Jan 22 2004, 04:17 PM
Post #1

Guests

Continuing to demonstrate its technical capabilities and high-performance credentials, Cadillac today announced a race-going version of the CTS-V sport sedan, the most powerful car in the brand's lineup. The race car, named CTS-V race car, will compete in the 2004 SCCA Speed World Challenge, a highly competitive North American race series for production based cars. "This is a significant day for Cadillac," said Mark LaNeve, Cadillac general manager. "The CTS-V race car is further evidence of the dramatic changes taking place at Cadillac. The CTS-V race car will improve Cadillac's credibility with luxury performance enthusiasts."

CTS-V race car is the first race car developed by GM Racing in conjunction with the new GM Performance Division, an in-house center designed to explore potential enthusiast-oriented versions of production models. The CTS-V, introduced in late 2003 as a 2004 model, signaled Cadillac's entry into the low-volume, high-performance luxury car niche, and was the first vehicle to wear the division's high-performance V-series badge.

"The CTS-V race car starts from a great set of blueprints," said GM Racing Director Doug Duchardt. "The outstanding performance characteristics of the rear-drive Sigma-based CTS and CTS-V lend perfectly to a race-car application. We were able to maintain a significant amount of shared parts, technologies and processes in developing the CTS-V race car."

By weight, the CTS-V race car is 73 percent stock-derived. The production CTS-V and CTS-V race car share common technology - in the form of the all-aluminum V-8 engine, front and rear suspension, steering system, differential and halfshafts - and talent, as the engineers who conceived the CTS-V for street use were directly involved in the creation of the race car.

Like the CTS and CTS-V, which were refined and validated at Germany's famed Nürburgring, the CTS-V race car will prove itself on the most challenging racing circuits in North America. A two-car, factory-backed effort from Cadillac will debut at the SCCA World Challenge race supporting the 12 Hours of Sebring in March 2004. Championship-winning sports car racers Max Angelelli and Andy Pilgrim will drive the works Cadillacs.

The CTS-V race car will feature a 5.7L overhead valve V-8 engine. It will produce more than 500 horsepower with a maximum rpm of 7600. It will have a 25-gallon fuel tank to carry enough fuel for the 50-minute sprint races that comprise the series without requiring a pit stop. Its top speed is estimated to be in excess of 165 mph.

Cadillac products for the 2004 model year include the CTS sport sedan, CTS-V, SRX luxury utility, Seville, DeVille, XLR luxury roadster, and the most powerful utilities on the planet; Escalade, Escalade EXT and Escalade ESV. More information on Cadillac can be found at media.gm.com/cadillac.

Cadillac is a division of General Motors (NYSE: GM). General Motors, the world's largest vehicle manufacturer, designs, builds and markets cars and trucks worldwide, and has been the global automotive sales leader since 1931.

[source: gm.com]

full sized pics here : Link
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
White RSX
post Jan 22 2004, 04:23 PM
Post #2

Super Great Guitar Player!

Group: Members
Member No.: 132

id drive that...

+Quote Post
dinomite
post Jan 22 2004, 05:00 PM
Post #3

Grease Monkey

Member No.: 157

That car looks great except for the massive overhangs front and rear.

+Quote Post
DakianDelomast
post Jan 22 2004, 05:01 PM
Post #4

I will stand, or I will fall. But I will not sit.

Member No.: 58
Car: Miata & RX-7

I will never in my life understand how people can talk about the visual appeal of a racecar....

+Quote Post
clarkma5
post Jan 22 2004, 05:55 PM
Post #5

Talkin' the talk since 2003

Group: Admin
Member No.: 27
Car: 2004 VW GTI 1.8T

QUOTE(DakianDelomast @ Jan 22 2004, 05:01 PM)
I will never in my life understand how people can talk about the visual appeal of a racecar....

Fat tires, widebody stuff, spoilers, ground effects, slammed low to the ground...race cars are the definition of how a fast car looks.

+Quote Post
Guest_Lee7_*
post Jan 22 2004, 06:27 PM
Post #6

Guests

i heard the sigma platform was the shiznits.

+Quote Post
DakianDelomast
post Jan 22 2004, 06:32 PM
Post #7

I will stand, or I will fall. But I will not sit.

Member No.: 58
Car: Miata & RX-7

I have heard that the Stock CTS-V beats all the BMWs around their home test track.

+Quote Post
Guest_Lee7_*
post Jan 22 2004, 06:39 PM
Post #8

Guests

QUOTE(DakianDelomast @ Jan 22 2004, 09:32 PM)
I have heard that the Stock CTS-V beats all the BMWs around their home test track.

yeah, i read about that a while ago. Isnt the new Vette also on the sigma platform?

+Quote Post
clarkma5
post Jan 22 2004, 06:41 PM
Post #9

Talkin' the talk since 2003

Group: Admin
Member No.: 27
Car: 2004 VW GTI 1.8T

No, the C6 shares a platform with the XLR.

+Quote Post
fallon
post Jan 22 2004, 09:27 PM
Post #10

manual >

Member No.: 9

most racecars look awesome when compared to their production counterparts, and this one is no different thumbs_up.gif

+Quote Post
rio
post Jan 23 2004, 12:27 AM
Post #11

crisp and refreshing

Member No.: 26
Car: :raC

QUOTE(pictures said)
SCCA

w00t

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th October 2020 - 09:26 AM
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here