Guests cannot vote 
UserDrew
post Sep 22 2009, 05:00 PM
Post #1

Latent racecar driver

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,455
Car: 2006 Slobalt, '65 Karmann Ghia

I am breaking cars into production generations. A 2nd gen car could have a different image then its predecessor or vice-versa. So here is ONLY the 2nd gen Vibe. Expect the 1st gen sometime later this week.

Aimed towards a younger and trendier crowd, the Pontiac Vibe shares most of its bits with the Toyota Matrix. Both are on the E-platform which is shared with the Toyota Corolla.
Both cars were redesigned for the 2008 Production year. The Vibe could be had in two trim levels: the base and the GT. The base model is equipped with a 1.8 liter 2Zr-Fe 132hp I4 which could be bought with either a 5 speed manual or 4 speed automatic. The AWD and GT variants are equipped with Toyota's 2.4 2AZ-FE 158hp motor and a 6 speed manual. The 2.4 liter engine could be bough as an option for the base model. Other features that included were rear disc brakes, anti lock breaks and traction control. Unlike the preceding model no roof-racks were equipped standard.

The car has enough space after the back seats fold down for an entire washing machine to fit in the back with enough room for the handcart/dolly to be along carried with it.

The Vibe's production was halted on August 17th 2009 when it was decided that Pontiac would be
a brand slashed from the GM Family.

GT model shown:

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Bjorn
post Sep 27 2009, 07:42 PM
Post #2

Race Driver

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,080
Car: 2009 Subaru Legacy

I test drove one.

The small windows, massive D pillars and tiny rear glass make it a bitch to see out of.

But I still kinda like them.

Neutral.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th November 2019 - 08:56 PM
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here