> Vista follow-up by 2009
Phix
post Feb 9 2007, 11:48 AM
Post #1

Banned

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,208
Car: N/A

Although the time gap between DS_xP.gif and Vista’s release dates was more than five years, Microsoft is claiming it will be different this time around. At the RSA Conference in San Francisco, representatives said the software giant is planning for the next client operating system by the end of 2009. Vista shipped about two-and-a-half years after DS_xP.gif SP2, and Vista's follow-up is expected to take about the same amount of time, according to Ben Fathi, corporate vice president of development with Microsoft's Windows Core Operating System Division: "You can think roughly two, two-and-a-half years is a reasonable time frame that our partners can depend on and can work with. That's a good timeframe for refresh.”

Last year, Microsoft code named Vista’s successor as Vienna, but Fathi said he could not disclose the current name or what would be the major improvements in the release. "We've been told not to use it publicly. We're going to look at a fundamental piece of enabling technology. Maybe its hypervisors, I don't know what it is. Maybe it's a new user interface paradigm for consumers. It's too early for me to talk about it. But over the next few months I think you're going to start hearing more and more."

http://www.neowin.net/index.php?act=view&id=38021
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
BombedMonkey
post Feb 9 2007, 06:10 PM
Post #2

Grease Monkey

Member No.: 3,676

Better be cheaper... thats all I gotta say.

+Quote Post
Keitero-sama
post Feb 10 2007, 05:51 AM
Post #3

O RLY

Member No.: 718

What they need to do is did when they went from 3.1 to 95, then we can start talking about it again. Till then, fuck them

+Quote Post
herkalees
post Feb 10 2007, 08:07 AM
Post #4

Pit Mechanic

Member No.: 650

Vista is to DS_xP.gif what DS_xP.gif was to Win98. More pretty and a few under-the-hood features, but nothing very advanced. If they kept that damned file system they were bragging about in early-longhorn days, Vista would be a real player right now... but they didn't, so it isn't.

+Quote Post
Halflifehavock13
post Feb 10 2007, 11:46 AM
Post #5

Marginal Contributions

Member No.: 1,555

I am impressed with what it brings to pc games: the elimination of pixel pipelines. Although, I'm to poor right now to actually upgrade my comp to even come close to utilizing vista, let alone afford the software itself.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st October 2018 - 12:27 AM
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here