Guests cannot vote 
BlackJack
post Mar 20 2007, 07:54 AM
Post #21

Audi Fanboy; Toyota Hateboy

Group: Members
Member No.: 560

Why not a WRX or a Mazda3? Certainly, the MS3 is fun cool.gif cool.gif

EDIT: So what if you see Mazda3s all the time? At least you would have one! The MS3 isn't easy to find as there is a limited amount.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Renesis
post Mar 20 2007, 01:44 PM
Post #22

Got Rotary?

Member No.: 893

I don't have an unlimited budget, a MS3 or a WRX is out of range for me a 4cyl eclipse too, maybe pricing differs in US and in Canada but here it's a lot more than a Rabbit!

I'm leaning towards a new car for a lot of reasons but yes, I'm not considering used at the moment (I did before).

The Mazda 3 is nice indeed but I don't know.. it's very common and it'll change soon it's been out since 2004, and I'd hate to see my brand new car look old in 2 years..

I'll test the others and I'll see, so far I've only tested the Mazda 3.

+Quote Post
clarkma5
post Mar 20 2007, 01:51 PM
Post #23

Talkin' the talk since 2003

Group: Admin
Member No.: 27
Car: 2004 VW GTI 1.8T

My opinion is that, instead of avoiding the cars that are nearing the end of their life cycle, they tend to be a good choice because they've been continuously refined throughout their time on the market. And the fact of the matter is that the 3 is a good choice for a driver's car while still being practical (sedan or 5-door hatch instead of a 2+2 coupe!) while also being in your price range.

You're going to be dissappointed with the G5/Cobalt's interior so much that, regardless of how well it drives, you're gonna be put off by it. Only the SS S/C has the goods to make you forget the lackluster interior, and even then only just.

Also, in the U.S., the price difference between the SE-R and the SE-R Spec V is only $500...what's the gap in Canada?

+Quote Post
Halflifehavock13
post Mar 20 2007, 01:58 PM
Post #24

Marginal Contributions

Member No.: 1,555

Definetly go for the 3. Even without the 2.3, IMO its no less of a car. The interior is basically the same less a few options, and the 2.0l engine has enough power. I strongly recommend test driving one, you'll change your mind.

+Quote Post
White RSX
post Mar 20 2007, 03:16 PM
Post #25

Super Great Guitar Player!

Member No.: 132

Get something you like. Drive each option you have and pick the one you like best.

Are threads like this really necessary?

+Quote Post
Renesis
post Mar 20 2007, 07:11 PM
Post #26

Got Rotary?

QUOTE(clarkma5 @ Mar 20 2007, 05:51 PM) *
My opinion is that, instead of avoiding the cars that are nearing the end of their life cycle, they tend to be a good choice because they've been continuously refined throughout their time on the market. And the fact of the matter is that the 3 is a good choice for a driver's car while still being practical (sedan or 5-door hatch instead of a 2+2 coupe!) while also being in your price range.

You're going to be dissappointed with the G5/Cobalt's interior so much that, regardless of how well it drives, you're gonna be put off by it. Only the SS S/C has the goods to make you forget the lackluster interior, and even then only just.

Also, in the U.S., the price difference between the SE-R and the SE-R Spec V is only $500...what's the gap in Canada?

Well call me crazy if you wish but I really like the Cobalt's interior, especially with the new 3 spoke leather trimmed steering wheel! The level of quality isn't still up to the finest standards but it has improved a lot!

and I prefer this conservative design to something awful like the new Civic!

as for the SE-R don't forget I'm talking about the new ones, afaik the prices are not out yet on Nissan USA but they are on Nissan Canada

SE-R is 22800$ the Spec-V is 24300$ and you have to add 1700$ on top of that to get the LSD, sunroof and big sound system.

The SE-R is already pushing my 20-21k CDN price limit.

Prices are much better in USA, I just looked at your Tiburon you can have a V6 one for almost as much as a 4cyl one whereas here the gap is like $6k+

+Quote Post
Mr b00st
post Mar 20 2007, 07:24 PM
Post #27

That Frigging BMW Driver

Member No.: 222
Car: 1997 BMW 328i

tip: if you're thinking about a Rabbit, you might want to wait until the MY08's come out. getting bumped up to 170bhp and 177lb-ft, will still run on 87 octane and will still be 15 grand. not bad IMO.

+Quote Post
clarkma5
post Mar 20 2007, 08:14 PM
Post #28

Talkin' the talk since 2003

Group: Admin
Member No.: 27
Car: 2004 VW GTI 1.8T

QUOTE(Renesis @ Mar 20 2007, 08:11 PM) *
Well call me crazy if you wish but I really like the Cobalt's interior, especially with the new 3 spoke leather trimmed steering wheel! The level of quality isn't still up to the finest standards but it has improved a lot!

and I prefer this conservative design to something awful like the new Civic!

It's a fine design, but the '05 Cobalt SS I drove had exceptionally cheap plastics and poor fit...some of the dash pieces were pulling away from the windows to reveal the structure below. But if you like it, then that's fine for you. I was rather unimpressed.

as for the SE-R don't forget I'm talking about the new ones, afaik the prices are not out yet on Nissan USA but they are on Nissan Canada

SE-R is 22800$ the Spec-V is 24300$ and you have to add 1700$ on top of that to get the LSD, sunroof and big sound system.

The SE-R is already pushing my 20-21k CDN price limit.

Actually US prices have been announced; the SE-R is $19,400 and the Spec V is $19,900. I see you guys get burned on the upgrade compared to us.

QUOTE(Mr b00st @ Mar 20 2007, 08:24 PM) *
tip: if you're thinking about a Rabbit, you might want to wait until the MY08's come out. getting bumped up to 170bhp and 177lb-ft, will still run on 87 octane and will still be 15 grand. not bad IMO.

This has been discussed already; Renesis stated that the 170 HP Rabbit won't be out in time for him, he's looking for a car within a couple months.

+Quote Post
VVTL-i GT-S
post Mar 20 2007, 08:26 PM
Post #29

Grease Monkey

Member No.: 3,740
Car: toyota cars

There is always the 2-door camry *cough*tC*cough*...

+Quote Post
Renesis
post Mar 21 2007, 04:27 PM
Post #30

Got Rotary?

QUOTE(Mr b00st @ Mar 20 2007, 11:24 PM) *

I know that too well the problem is I NEED the car by july at the latest...

the earlier the better...

QUOTE(VVTL-i GT-S @ Mar 21 2007, 12:26 AM) *
There is always the 2-door camry *cough*tC*cough*...

I'm in Canada, no Scions here!

+Quote Post
Phix
post Mar 21 2007, 05:57 PM
Post #31

Banned

Member No.: 1,208
Car: N/A

QUOTE(Renesis @ Mar 21 2007, 08:27 PM) *
I know that too well the problem is I NEED the car by july at the latest...

the earlier the better...
I'm in Canada, no Scions here!

I'm in the GTA and a lot of people are brining them up here. I've spotted several xBs. But that's it.

+Quote Post
Renesis
post Mar 24 2007, 07:46 PM
Post #32

Got Rotary?

yeah we've got our share of rebuilt XB's around here too..

but a rebuilt US VGA car costs the price of a decent brand new canadian car under warranty!

rarity has it's price apparently!

+Quote Post
Dr. Strangelove
post Mar 25 2007, 09:03 AM
Post #33

VTEC yo!

Member No.: 2,309
Car: 2007 Honda S2000

ZOMG GET TEH SPEC V!!!!!!

Really though, why are you stuck on a new car. You are limiting yourself in a big way by going new. If you are spending that much on a car, you should be next to exctatic every time you get in the car. Don't settle, if you do it will always bother you. I used to have a Jetta 2.0 and whenever I saw a VR6 or a 1.8t all I thought was "Shit, thats what I really wanted". My advice, get a used car that has what you want. Low mileage, about 1-2 years old. You can get so much more car for your money.

+Quote Post
midnightdorifto
post Mar 26 2007, 09:22 AM
Post #34

Race Driver

Member No.: 1,037

QUOTE(Dr. Strangelove @ Mar 25 2007, 09:03 AM) *
ZOMG GET TEH SPEC V!!!!!!

Really though, why are you stuck on a new car. You are limiting yourself in a big way by going new. If you are spending that much on a car, you should be next to exctatic every time you get in the car. Don't settle, if you do it will always bother you. I used to have a Jetta 2.0 and whenever I saw a VR6 or a 1.8t all I thought was "Shit, thats what I really wanted". My advice, get a used car that has what you want. Low mileage, about 1-2 years old. You can get so much more car for your money.

This man speaks the truth. Get what you want - big fun is avaliable for little money, especially if youre planning on spending that much. Don't limit yourself to a new car.

+Quote Post
krazykohla
post Mar 26 2007, 11:39 AM
Post #35

Ms. Car Lady

Member No.: 3,646
Car: 2007 Civic Si

Get something that you won't mind having to pay off for the next 5 years for Christ's sake! Raspberry.gif

+Quote Post
Renesis
post Mar 26 2007, 04:06 PM
Post #36

Got Rotary?

well did some test drives (and price quotes) today...

Cobalt SS 2.4: Superb handling, quite comfortable, the interior is nice, there's really nothing missing in terms of equipment.

didn't feel like 170 hp I was expecting to be surprised but I wasn't.. I tested an automatic though because even if I'll buy a manual I wanted to concentrate on the car itself and not only on the shifting bit.

Very good price, low interest rates...

VW Rabbit: I was VERY impressed by the 2.5 sounds great, good torque! interior was a bit sad, lots of plastic, steering wheel sucks, not leather wrapped, no controls on it.. the handling wasn't as good as the Cobalt but the ride wasn't more comfortable.

Quite a bit more expensive and the interest rates sucked big time, almost no negotiation possible.

I'll have to go test drive a SS again this time in manual for a longer time.. but I liked it and it's price is another good argument..

+Quote Post
moe
post Mar 27 2007, 07:09 AM
Post #37

Posting God

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,451
Car: '13 Toyota 86

Go drive a Mazda 3 2.0...

+Quote Post
Renesis
post Mar 27 2007, 07:24 PM
Post #38

Got Rotary?

QUOTE(moethepaki @ Mar 27 2007, 11:09 AM) *
Go drive a Mazda 3 2.0...

That's the first one I drove..

nice car, but..

my left foot was bored as hell! whistle.gif

+Quote Post
midnightdorifto
post Mar 30 2007, 07:02 PM
Post #39

Race Driver

Member No.: 1,037

Trust me on this - get the manual. It is far more fun, involved, and you won't regret getting it. And I think it holds its value better.

+Quote Post
Phix
post Mar 30 2007, 08:36 PM
Post #40

Banned

Member No.: 1,208
Car: N/A

QUOTE(midnightdorifto @ Mar 30 2007, 11:02 PM) *
And I think it holds its value better.

Right, because manuals in this part of the world are considered 'uncommon'?

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st October 2018 - 04:48 AM
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here