> Back Plates
MichaelKalbo
post Nov 9 2013, 11:11 PM
Post #1

Grease Monkey

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,525
Car: Subaru

Can you guys give me some tips on shooting back plates and proper composition techniques. I'm been trying to get this down for a few days now and getting frustrated.

Thanks in advance.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Brent B
post Jan 2 2014, 04:18 PM
Post #2

Grease Monkey

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,473

Gah. It's such a shame how dead it is around here. :/ Everyone's saying things like that, so I'm trying to post as often as I can without getting annoying. laugh.gif

Anyway, to answer your question: What I did for the longest time was take photos of interesting locations or objects that might be useful in composites later. I've been building up a library so that I can just slap something together in a hurry if need be, but I find it better to coordinate a particular backplate with a particular shot of a car, if that makes sense. Additionally, whenever I shoot backplates, I take it at different focal lengths, heights (standing, crouching, squatting, etc), angles (up and down, side to side), and combinations of each of them. Basically, whatever scene I find interesting and potentially, I shoot roughly 7-10 different photos, then save them for later.

Does that help at all?

Flickr | Facebook | Website

+Quote Post
Guest_jimmyjjohn_*
post Jul 30 2014, 09:06 PM
Post #3

Guests

Hey dude,

this is 100% untouched, fresh out of the camera:

Cyprus Wedding Photography