+Quote Post
Bjorn
post Dec 1 2008, 07:59 AM
Post #82

Race Driver

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,080
Car: 2009 Subaru Legacy

I know performance wise it was a bit of a joke, and the interior was pretty poor, what with the gauges sitting on top of the center console, but the BMW Z8 is one of the most beautiful cars in existence IMO.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
moe
post Dec 1 2008, 08:13 AM
Post #83

Posting God

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,451

400hp M5 V8...a joke performance-wise? I think not. It was the subjective stuff that let this car down. On paper, it should've been one of the greatest roadsters ever built, but somehow it just didn't feel special to drive (lack of steering feel, etc). I've heard the Alpina version remedied that though.

I remember sitting in a black one with red leather...wow...it was gorgeous inside and out. The best part is even in the exotic crazy UAE, they're still a rarity. It's kind of like 8C Competizione then, trash dynamically, but so exclusive and so achingly beautiful that you could forgive it for murder.

+Quote Post
Bjorn
post Dec 1 2008, 08:17 AM
Post #84

Race Driver

Member No.: 4,080
Car: 2009 Subaru Legacy

^Sorry, I was referring to the handling, not the straight-line performance....mmm BMW M5 sourced V8!

+Quote Post
Synesthesia
post Dec 1 2008, 08:26 AM
Post #85

Race Driver

Member No.: 2,585

QUOTE(moethepaki @ Dec 1 2008, 11:13 AM) *
I've heard the Alpina version remedied that though.

I guess if smaller engine, softer ride, and an automatic is your thing. I can't speak for how it drove, but it doesn't sound great.

+Quote Post
moe
post Dec 1 2008, 09:43 AM
Post #86

Posting God

^ I actually had no idea. I just looked all that up. All I remember reading was that the Alpina was less compromised (better ride, more usable everyday, etc)...however, in the process it looks like Alpina compromised the car's character.

+Quote Post
OHirtenfelder
post Dec 2 2008, 12:22 AM
Post #87

That guy that you know does what!

Member No.: 4,226
Car: 1971 BMW 2002, 2008 Audi A3 Sportback

While we're on the subject of old BMWs, here are two of the most badass, would be better and cooler to drive than most modern BMWs, old BMWs.

BMW 2002 Turbo. What an absolute stunner. Looks great, goes like stink. Bloody awesome.

The 3.0 CSl Motorsport version, 'Batmobile'. I'd give my left, or right, nut for this car. Just wow!

+Quote Post
clarkma5
post Dec 2 2008, 12:33 AM
Post #88

Talkin' the talk since 2003

Group: Admin
Member No.: 27
Car: 2004 VW GTI 1.8T

I do love the Z8...the Z8 is the earliest memory of going online and looking at car sites and just going "wow". I saw it, I thought it was gorgeous, I was astonished that a car could cost that much (at that age I couldn't comprehend a car with a 6 figure price tag). And when I see it now, I still think it's gorgeous, and despite the fact that I'm well aware that it's a very flawed car I still think it's really cool. It's got character, it's got looks, it's got rarity without much of the snob factor (ironic for a BMW to not be snobby, but the way I see it at that price point the BMW badge is downmarket and the car has to stand on its own merits more than the badge or the heritage).

Going with the BMW theme (a more recent one)...the E46 M3 CSL

+Quote Post
OHirtenfelder
post Dec 2 2008, 02:45 AM
Post #89

^That is a real beauty. I have always HATED M3s. Not because of the car, but because of the people that drive them. It not like an "oh, theres an M3, the driver might be a dick"... when you see an M3, you know that the driver is an absolute cockface. full stop. But it seems now, that the new M3 is out, the guys driving these E46s arent as hardcore anymore. They seem to have been tamed down.
I must say that driving M3s now for the mag, I have a newfound respect for the car, as they really are ultimate fun.
Also, now that the new one is out, this old one is selling at great prices. I have seen these (CSL) advertised for around $35 000 (converted), and they are relatively low mileage. Dead sexy, that CSL.
There is a drifitng crew here in SA, called MonsterMob, and they have a CSL converted into a drift car. The guy was drifting it at a recent event, and blew the engine, due to not having enough 'sideways' airflow. Plus he stripped the thing and replaced all the panels will fibre glass shit. How sick is that. Could the idiot not have used a normal M3, why the CSL. This is what he's made it look like

Those are just two of the incarnations the car has seen. Sorry the pics are so small, I couldnt find bigger ones.
I dont like. Oh well, it was a cool car.

+Quote Post
moe
post Dec 2 2008, 04:52 AM
Post #90

Posting God

You know what I don't like? *flamesuit on* the BMW "Batmobile." I'm sure it's a great car and all, but it's absolutely disgusting to look at.

Also, while we're on the topic of BMWs,

BMW 507...without which, there'd be no Z8. One of the most beautiful cars ever made, without doubt.

+Quote Post
OHirtenfelder
post Dec 3 2008, 02:30 AM
Post #91

Batmobile, disgusting? Come on!
Wow, I didn't even know this 507 existed. Absolute stunner. Nice one Moe!

+Quote Post
moe
post Dec 8 2008, 03:48 AM
Post #92

Posting God

^ I'd forgotten about it for a while, but I'm still a pretty big fan.

Heh. I'm brown, what do you expect?

+Quote Post
OHirtenfelder
post Dec 8 2008, 05:17 AM
Post #93

C30 is very pretty is so different to many of its generic looking competitors. It looks absolutely tits in the optional sport kit. I just love that mahoosive shoulder line. And that's a pretty awesome photo as well.

What' that 2nd car?

Heh. I'm brown, what do you expect?

^?

+Quote Post
clarkma5
post Dec 8 2008, 10:54 AM
Post #94

Talkin' the talk since 2003

Group: Admin
Member No.: 27
Car: 2004 VW GTI 1.8T

QUOTE(OHirtenfelder @ Dec 8 2008, 05:17 AM) *
What' that 2nd car?

It's the previous generation North American market Honda Accord sedan rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
moe
post Dec 8 2008, 10:58 AM
Post #95

Posting God

It's an '04 Honda Accord. I'm very seriously contemplating selling my Mazda and buying my dad's Accord. There are a bunch of reasons for that, but I don't really feel like explaining.

As for the brown comment, well Accords and Camrys are pretty much the only car you see Desis (people from the Subcontinent) drive around in. The last time I bought a new car, my best friend mockingly asked, "Is it an Accord or a Camry?"

EDIT: Clarkma beat me to it, but it isn't just North American market. The Middle East, China, India, and a few more markets besides got the same car.

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 14th December 2019 - 05:09 PM
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here