> lulz b00st, oh god...
McKhaos
post Mar 20 2008, 09:43 AM
Post #41

The Devil's Cabbana Boy

Group: Members
Member No.: 831
Car: Outlander knock-off

Pfft. My car has 4 disc brakes WITHOUT the sport suspension. Also, I gots me a tuner grille. PHEAR ME.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Synesthesia
post Mar 20 2008, 11:21 AM
Post #42

Race Driver

Member No.: 2,585

Good riddance! Never in the history of DS (at least as long as I've been lurking) has anyone been as endlessly defensive of their car as Boost. Does anyone here know him in the real world? Otherwise, I can't believe he didn't get banned long ago...

+Quote Post
Benny
post Mar 20 2008, 12:43 PM
Post #43

i like turtles

Member No.: 1,025
Car: 1993 Lexus LS400

YEAH BOIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
WHEN I ROLLZ THEY BE LYKE" WHO DAT NEEGRO HIS ROTARS ARE GLEAMIN' " THEN THEY SEE A SKINNY WHITE GUY AND THEY LYKE "OH SHIT HE DONT ROLL IN A 5CYL JETTA"

none of this happens

+Quote Post
infinity
post Mar 20 2008, 03:06 PM
Post #44

ZoomZoom

Member No.: 2,281
Car: 2011 Mazdaspeed 3

I know that I'm probably gonna take a ton of shit for this but...

Sure, b00st posts a bunch of mods he makes to his admittedly average/everyday/mediocre care, but whats the harm in sharing his updates with other members of this car forum? I respect his pride in the time, money, and effort he puts into his car. Sure, it may not be the coolest or fastest or most unique car or anything on DS, but I'm sure he's excited about making the most of what he has and what he can do with his car. I know some of you may not care what b00st does to his "sorority girl jetta", so just ignore his threads. Some people may be, at the very least, vaguely interested. I don't care what kind of springs or whatever anyone in here has in their car, but if they take the time and money to put them into their car and want to share the experience/addition with the members of their car forum, why not?

The reason b00st is always so defensive about his car is cause you guys give him so much shit for it its not even funny. I don't think b00st has every tried to say that his car is anything spectacular or head-turning or incredibly unique or fast or anything, in fact he usually admits that none of this is true...so I don't get why you guys seem to think he's trying to show off or whatever so much.

I'm not really trying to take his side here, but its kind of sad that, on a forum created to share the passion of loving cars and everything automotive, someone who is happy and proud of what they have done with their car takes so much shit for sharing it.

/end rant

+Quote Post
clarkma5
post Mar 20 2008, 03:30 PM
Post #45

Talkin' the talk since 2003

Group: Admin
Member No.: 27
Car: 2004 VW GTI 1.8T

infinity, you have now joined the club of people who don't get it (along with its founding member, b00st).

We're not making fun of his car. We're making fun of him. I think most of us agree the car's fine...if not the greatest thing in the world, then at least nothing to be ashamed of. It's his attitude, and it's his constant misunderstanding of our derision that makes him so wonderfully flame-able.

+Quote Post
infinity
post Mar 20 2008, 03:37 PM
Post #46

ZoomZoom

Member No.: 2,281
Car: 2011 Mazdaspeed 3

Well I guess I don't know what his attitude is like or bothered to paid attention to his misunderstandings of your derision. You guys sure to give him a hard time though. I don't know whats more annoying, his attitude and "misunderstandings of your derision", or your derision in the first place.

+Quote Post
clarkma5
post Mar 20 2008, 04:51 PM
Post #47

ban. Ban ban ban. Ban ban ban ban.

How can you expect to be a cool kid if you don't understand the in-fights?

+Quote Post
dukenukem
post Mar 20 2008, 05:12 PM
Post #48

**Snuggles**

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 166
Car: 2006 Subaru WRX STI

Step 1 to understanding why we make fun of b00st ..
Just because you got a car with a certain options does not make it unique. You just got a car with options that noone else wanted to get. Nothing more and nothing less.

+Quote Post
Bjorn
post Mar 20 2008, 07:04 PM
Post #49

Race Driver

Member No.: 4,080
Car: 2009 Subaru Legacy

Did this guy actually claim his car was unique cuz he was too cheap to shell out for ESP?

Wow...

+Quote Post
skr
post Mar 20 2008, 07:33 PM
Post #50

Who's that skr guy?!

Member No.: 1,036
Car: 2003 Subaru Legacy

QUOTE(infinity935 @ Mar 20 2008, 04:06 PM) *
The reason b00st is always so defensive about his car is cause you guys give him so much shit for it its not even funny. I don't think b00st has every tried to say that his car is anything spectacular or head-turning or incredibly unique or fast or anything, in fact he usually admits that none of this is true...so I don't get why you guys seem to think he's trying to show off or whatever so much.

I'm not really trying to take his side here, but its kind of sad that, on a forum created to share the passion of loving cars and everything automotive, someone who is happy and proud of what they have done with their car takes so much shit for sharing it.

/end rant

If you noticed the other thread http://forums.dieselstation.com/index.php?showtopic=24023 he came on DS to ask for feedback, which people gave. Good legitimate feedback. Instead of accepting it and realizing how constructive we're trying to be, he turns around and defends himself with irrational arguments. That stubborn, thick-headed attitude gets him in trouble around here. Having a feature of his car on VWVortex isn't helping his ego either.

The REALLY sad part is that he keeps coming back here looking for opinions KNOWING that he has a bad reputation here. And NOT ONCE has he ever brought anything commendable to the table.

Everyone in this forum is a car enthusiast in their own right, but if you're going to be a stubborn douche about our feedback in the beginning, then seek your ego feed elsewhere.

..goddamnit I'm missing the laker game replying to this post.

+Quote Post
Vadvagool
post Mar 20 2008, 07:36 PM
Post #51

Pit Mechanic

Member No.: 3,913
Car: 2006 Mazda3s Grand Touring Hatchback

Boo Lakers. Yay Warriors.

+Quote Post
Mr b00st
post Mar 20 2008, 07:42 PM
Post #52

That Frigging BMW Driver

Member No.: 222
Car: 1997 BMW 328i

the car has ESP... what are you all going on about?

when did i brag about my car being rare, though? Seriously? Or unique, or awesome, or fast? Ok, I may have posted up a thread after washing the car - but i believe it was photo critiques and not "ZOMG MY CAR IS CLEAN ZOMG I AM BETTER THAN YOU."

And if i have such a "holier than thou" attitude, why didn't I post something up about the car being featured on Vortex in the first place? If my behavior followed what all you "old skool" members say, there would've been a "ZOMG I AM TEH MANZ0RS, FEATURE ARTICLE ON VORT3X FTW MOTHERFUCKERS!" Thread. There wasn't. I didn't figure any of you cared. However some of you seem to hate me enough to post an entire fucking thread about how much I suck up in my (rather long) absence. Who's "holier than thou" again?

I've stated my personal viewpoint on my car time and time again here but it seems to get ignored, just like everything else I say. So I'll say it again.

I like my car. I put my time, effort, money and creativity into it and find it rewarding. I am realistic about what it is - a low end economy car that's not particularly fast, rare, or anything. The (few) modifications I have done to it aren't so i can go on some damn forum and lord them over people, that's the dumbest goddamn thing I've ever heard. They are for me, and only me. I don't see how anything I've posted on the topic could possibly be construed as such, but whatever. When i post up a thread about a modification it is because I (apparently mistakenly) believe that a car forum would find something about cars to be interesting. No "OMG I GOT TEH TAILLIGHTZ0RS I AM TEH BEST" to be found. Never has been, never will be. I'm not like that. The few of you who actually know me in real life or have met me also know that.

I decided long ago to stop trying to defend myself on these forums, as everything i said was roundly ignored. So I left. I guess it's not surprising that you all continue to attack me in my abscence, but it is perhaps a bit immature. I mean, members who've never met me posting "b00st is a douche" on their cars? Seriously? And I have a holier than thou complex going on?

So clarkma, fire up your net ninja keyboard and fire off a pithy response. The internet, where no one knows you're actually a fat, gay, balding loser. A safe spot. Enjoy it! I'm sure it makes you feel great. Continue to deride me as the high and mighty stuffed shirt on this website (even though i'm never even here.) And if you can't see the irony of this situation, then... well, I guess that's even better for you!

+Quote Post
b0mb3r
post Mar 20 2008, 08:36 PM
Post #53

Member No.: 872
Car: MKV GTI

hah, this is so amusing...

So Boost, if you know that nobody really cares to see or care what have you been with your car; why do you still come back? Why do you get so defensive when someone criticizes your car? I have an MKV too, and I don't catch nearly as much abuse...

Obviously, you did not post the article from the 'tex, clark did. We had a good laugh, we ripped on it and moved on, but then you come back yet again and start defending yourself. And the question still remains, why do you come back each and every time?

+Quote Post
Mr b00st
post Mar 20 2008, 10:13 PM
Post #54

That Frigging BMW Driver

Member No.: 222
Car: 1997 BMW 328i

i don't come back. I've been gone for months. I stopped in to post a link to the website i'm starting up and found this thread as i always like to see everyone's cars.

I really enjoy how your post tiptoed around every point I made in mine without responding to any of them.

I'm done in this thread; i've said what needs to be said and will not bang my head against a wall here any more.

+Quote Post
goota
post Mar 20 2008, 10:20 PM
Post #55

Race Driver

Member No.: 1,528
Car: 1991 Toyota 4Runner (22RE, 4WD)

thats a shame.

+Quote Post
Synesthesia
post Mar 21 2008, 06:02 AM
Post #56

Race Driver

wave.gif DS is better without all the emotional problems.

+Quote Post
skr
post Mar 21 2008, 08:03 AM
Post #57

Who's that skr guy?!

Member No.: 1,036
Car: 2003 Subaru Legacy

QUOTE(Vadvagool @ Mar 20 2008, 08:36 PM) *
Boo Lakers. Yay Warriors.

I actually have respect for the warriors. They've come a long way from being complete nobodys.

+Quote Post
clarkma5
post Mar 21 2008, 10:18 AM
Post #58

QUOTE(Mr b00st @ Mar 20 2008, 08:42 PM) *
So clarkma, fire up your net ninja keyboard and fire off a pithy response. The internet, where no one knows you're actually a fat, gay, balding loser. A safe spot. Enjoy it! I'm sure it makes you feel great. Continue to deride me as the high and mighty stuffed shirt on this website (even though i'm never even here.) And if you can't see the irony of this situation, then... well, I guess that's even better for you!

Balding? Ha not even close. You're thinking of cyclone. There's barely even any history of receding hairline in my family, nevermind balding. As for fat, I'm within my normal weight range for my height thank-you-very-much and as for gay, you do not even fucking dare making fun of my sexual orientation here. I will take you out back and fucking kick your ass for bringing that shit up as an insult you goddamn idiot.

I don't understand the irony of this situation? Sir, I revel in the irony. I revel in the fact that you are a piece of shit who thinks your farts don't stink. You think I've got too much starch in my shirt for thinking I'm above you? I don't think I'm above you, I think EVERYONE's above you. I'm on the same plane as most of my compatriots here on dieselstation while you, sir, are at the bottom of the shit pile. Is that high and mighty enough for you!? Criminy you are so THICK that I'm starting to have trouble being entertained by it.

QUOTE(Synesthesia @ Mar 21 2008, 07:02 AM) *
wave.gif DS is better without all the emotional problems.

Not true! DS is better with fights, insults, and e-penis size comparos. That's what old-school DS is all about.

EDIT: I apologize for the "sirs", I was channeling Keith Olbermann.

+Quote Post
Synesthesia
post Mar 21 2008, 10:44 AM
Post #59

Race Driver

QUOTE(clarkma5 @ Mar 21 2008, 02:18 PM) *
Not true! DS is better with fights, insults, and e-penis size comparos. That's what old-school DS is all about.

QUOTE(clarkma5 @ Mar 21 2008, 02:18 PM) *
Criminy you are so THICK that I'm starting to have trouble being entertained by it.

You seem like you're getting sick of it too wink.gif My point is, we're better off without this whiny broken record. And fucking "ZOMG" in every post. head.gif

+Quote Post
clarkma5
post Mar 21 2008, 10:45 AM
Post #60

Alright fine I guess we've had enough. With any luck he actually won't come back this time (heh he says that every few months).

Locked.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Closed TopicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd October 2018 - 02:54 PM
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here